Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50127 - 06/11/10 04:39 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Loc: the path less trodden

I still haven't cracked that stuff mentioned above ... but I'm now also on the look-out for parts for the old B.Braun Perfusor Secura FT syringe pump (yes, those in that "lovely" green colour). smile

#50934 - 14/12/10 07:24 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Does anyone have anything to say about where to source parts for Charmcare equipment? This is the first time I've come across this brand (manufactured in South Korea).

Specifically, I have a Prizm 3 Pulse Oximeter with the EtCO2 option. Unfortunately, it has hit the deck at some stage, and now won't power up beyond the display being lit. I'm suspecting a detached SMD component on the main board, but haven't found anything that cures the fault yet. frown

And (whilst I'm on here) ... I don't suppose anyone has a .pdf manual they could share?

#50955 - 15/12/10 10:32 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Sorted! The button cell had become loose and needed to be refitted. But the display insisted on coming up lit but blank (zero contrast, perhaps).

OK, so the unit needed a "reset". After hunting high and low for an appropriate hidden button switch, or link, inside the unit, I decided (hoped) that some secret combination of soft keys must be needed at power-up.

And yes ... there it was! As I may have mentioned before, sometimes you just have to persevere! smile

#50957 - 15/12/10 10:44 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
DaveC in Oz Online   crying

Philosopher

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
....... and what was the key combination Geoff, others may need to know shades

#50960 - 15/12/10 10:56 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: DaveC in Oz]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

I didn't say what they were because, to be honest, I'm not absolutely sure of the combination (and sequence). But there are only a couple of buttons on there! smile

#51130 - 23/12/10 01:02 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Here are a couple of things I could do with:-

1) A set of screwdrivers with a slide switch in their handles to magnetize<->de-magnetize the tip!

2) Similarly, a sonic screwdriver would be nice ... but failing that, a switchable vibrating tip to assist in freeing up small dirty/seized/stiff screws (hint:- maybe we could adapt an old dental scaler for this).

3) A meter to measure (low levels of) magnetism at a fixed distance. I have in mind a thimble (or bell) shaped piece of plastic with a Hall-effect detector and wires going off to the meter. Its purpose would be to give go/no-go values for fixed magnets such as those used in infusion pump door sensors. Maybe one could be knocked up from bits off an old pump (eg, Ivac 590 series).

4) Another thing I would find handy is what could be called a "universal mains power switcher" ... a multi-timer (programmable) mains socket but with options to switch on/off by temperature (and possibly other criteria also) as well as time(s). This one could already be available (eg, on eBay) for all I know. I'll do some research when I get a bit of time.

I guess it's a bit late to write to Santa. But I wonder whether one of Santa's Little Helpers has been delegated to check the emails. Or even ... SMS? whistle

#51137 - 24/12/10 08:28 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
RoJo Offline

Hero

Loc: Permenantly in "The Smoke"
Geoff

1. I have a magnetiser/demagnetiser from Wera - works well.

2 Sonic screwdrivers are readily available in many shops - usually the toy department. Ann Summers sell things that can be readily converted by the addition of a screwdriver tip. These can loosen nuts as well as being useful for stiff screws. blush

3. A small piece of steel acts as a go/no-go magnet tester. The force needed to pull it away is a rough and ready strength tester.

4. There is a universal on/off switch next to the door of the workshop - it turns all the benches off with just a light press on the button. But you are not popular if you bump in to it on your way out of the door.

All your problems solved!
Happy Christmas

RoJo

#51138 - 24/12/10 08:49 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: RoJo]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Robert

1) Yes. I also have something like that. But I was thinking of moving on to something more advanced (as in ... where's the switch?)!

2) Yes. That one was a gift to you, wasn't it (my question I mean, not the "toy")!

3) Yes. See 1) above.

4) Sorry, but I'm thinking more of a "box" that I can plug in anywhere (at any 13A mains outlet, that is). And I've just added "remote control" to the spec.

Ditto regarding Christmas Greetings. smile

PS: I've spotted Dr.Who's Sonic Screwdrivers on eBay. But they look like non-functioning dummies to me! Can anyone on here admit to having one, and offer us a report about their usefulness (or otherwise)?

#51141 - 24/12/10 10:28 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Huw Offline

Hero

Loc: Essex
Originally Posted By: Geoff Hannis
PS: I've spotted Dr.Who's Sonic Screwdrivers on eBay. But they look like non-functioning dummies to me! Can anyone on here admit to having one, and offer us a report about their usefulness (or otherwise)?

Someone's had a go. smile

#51143 - 24/12/10 10:45 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Huw]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Cheers for that, Huw. I'll have a look later. smile

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  DaveC in Oz, KM, Muneeb, RoJo 
Who's Online
5 registered (DaveC in Oz, Angus, biolyons, Aish, Neil Porter), 240 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Events
2014 Scottish 'Completing the picture'.
National Biomedical & Clinical Engineering Conf.
September
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
7908 Members
28 Forums
9142 Topics
64585 Posts