Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47096 - 17/06/10 11:26 AM Stuff We Need
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Loc: the path less trodden

Here's the first of what (yet again) may well be a continuing series ...

Anyone know of an OEM (or third party) supplier for the 3-lead ECG cable for the Medtronic (Physio-Control) LifePak 20? smile

#47098 - 17/06/10 12:38 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Kawasaki Offline
Philosopher

Loc: Epsom & St. Helier Hospitals
Try these people:
www.proactmedical.co.uk/

#47101 - 17/06/10 02:27 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Kawasaki]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Thanks for that. Have just been on the phone to Matthew Adams ... and it all sounds pretty positive. smile

Odd, though, that our "regular supplier" (of ECG cables and leads) cannot help us in this case. I guess the volume just isn't there, or some such thing. frown

#47118 - 17/06/10 06:40 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Kawasaki]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

OK ... moving right along to the next one:-

How about a supplier able to supply giving sets in small quantities (that is, something like ten)?

We see quite a variety of infusion pumps, and (of course) always encourage customers to send in their favourite set with each pump. But this does not always happen.

If we go down the route of boxes of 100 at circa. 300 a go, we would have many years supply of sets, but we would also become bankrupt in pretty short order!

I have tried a couple of recommendations, but they all seem to be insisting on "minimum orders" in excess of both our needs, and our budget! frown

#47422 - 02/07/10 01:30 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Two things have cropped up recently:-

1) An Operators Manual for the ATL Ultramark 4 Plus (.pdf would be fine, as would a "real" hard copy manual)!

2) We had an interesting fault on a Valleylab Force 40 ESU. It was traced to an open circuit primary on T1 which sits on the main board. So ... does anyone have any junk spares for the Force 40 that they would be happy to see the back of?

In case anyone is wondering (?) we would be happy to pay reasonable amounts for such items as these. smile

#47423 - 02/07/10 02:18 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
ukbiomed Offline

Loc: el Mundo
Geoff, just a thought but the Supplies Dept in the hospital where I used to work sold small quantitiies of giving sets and other types of consumables to customers in the healthcare industry. As with most things NHS, it all depends on the local situation but it might be worth a call to your nearest hospital, you never know.

Cheers

Rob

#47424 - 02/07/10 03:12 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: ukbiomed]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Yes, it's always part of the fun when visiting (lurking around the back corridors and basement tunnels) in hospitals, seeing what has been left lying around!

Take a tip from an Old Hand ... timing is everything. Evenings (night time) and weekends are certainly best, I've found. smile

Failing that, it would be nice to have some sort of business relationship with someone (anyone) who can send us the odd Jiffy* Bag with half a dozen or so of the giving sets we need from time to time.

Cheers

Geoff smile
aka Phantom of the Hospital(s)

* Other padded envelopes are available.

#47426 - 02/07/10 04:00 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Scott Barlow Offline
Mentor

Loc: North West
I don't know if this is any good to you but they are cheap!!
and have a very good selection of leads.

http://www.foggsystem.com/default.aspx

#47862 - 29/07/10 03:03 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Originally Posted By: Geoff Hannis

An Operators Manual for the ATL Ultramark 4 Plus (.pdf would be fine, as would a "real" hard copy manual)!

Still looking for this one. smile

#48972 - 14/09/10 10:10 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

OK ... the "Rag & Bone Man" is here once again! smile

Still looking for:-

1) Power supply board for a Terumo TE-311 syringe pump
2) Operators Manual .pdf for the ATL Ultramark 4 Plus
3) Hardware Key for Arcomed VP-5005's
4) Infusion giving sets (various) for pump testing

We are also interested (as always) in any surplus parts which may be available (as a result of old equipment being retired, for example). At the moment we need parts for (older) Codans and Ivacs ... and Valleylabs (ESU's), but would consider any "job lot" of parts.

Cash and/or biscuits waiting. smile

#50127 - 06/11/10 04:39 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

I still haven't cracked that stuff mentioned above ... but I'm now also on the look-out for parts for the old B.Braun Perfusor Secura FT syringe pump (yes, those in that "lovely" green colour). smile

#50934 - 14/12/10 07:24 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Does anyone have anything to say about where to source parts for Charmcare equipment? This is the first time I've come across this brand (manufactured in South Korea).

Specifically, I have a Prizm 3 Pulse Oximeter with the EtCO2 option. Unfortunately, it has hit the deck at some stage, and now won't power up beyond the display being lit. I'm suspecting a detached SMD component on the main board, but haven't found anything that cures the fault yet. frown

And (whilst I'm on here) ... I don't suppose anyone has a .pdf manual they could share?

#50955 - 15/12/10 10:32 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Sorted! The button cell had become loose and needed to be refitted. But the display insisted on coming up lit but blank (zero contrast, perhaps).

OK, so the unit needed a "reset". After hunting high and low for an appropriate hidden button switch, or link, inside the unit, I decided (hoped) that some secret combination of soft keys must be needed at power-up.

And yes ... there it was! As I may have mentioned before, sometimes you just have to persevere! smile

#50957 - 15/12/10 10:44 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
DaveC in Oz Offline

Philosopher

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
....... and what was the key combination Geoff, others may need to know shades

#50960 - 15/12/10 10:56 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: DaveC in Oz]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

I didn't say what they were because, to be honest, I'm not absolutely sure of the combination (and sequence). But there are only a couple of buttons on there! smile

#51130 - 23/12/10 01:02 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Here are a couple of things I could do with:-

1) A set of screwdrivers with a slide switch in their handles to magnetize<->de-magnetize the tip!

2) Similarly, a sonic screwdriver would be nice ... but failing that, a switchable vibrating tip to assist in freeing up small dirty/seized/stiff screws (hint:- maybe we could adapt an old dental scaler for this).

3) A meter to measure (low levels of) magnetism at a fixed distance. I have in mind a thimble (or bell) shaped piece of plastic with a Hall-effect detector and wires going off to the meter. Its purpose would be to give go/no-go values for fixed magnets such as those used in infusion pump door sensors. Maybe one could be knocked up from bits off an old pump (eg, Ivac 590 series).

4) Another thing I would find handy is what could be called a "universal mains power switcher" ... a multi-timer (programmable) mains socket but with options to switch on/off by temperature (and possibly other criteria also) as well as time(s). This one could already be available (eg, on eBay) for all I know. I'll do some research when I get a bit of time.

I guess it's a bit late to write to Santa. But I wonder whether one of Santa's Little Helpers has been delegated to check the emails. Or even ... SMS? whistle

#51137 - 24/12/10 08:28 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
RoJo Offline

Hero

Loc: Permenantly in "The Smoke"
Geoff

1. I have a magnetiser/demagnetiser from Wera - works well.

2 Sonic screwdrivers are readily available in many shops - usually the toy department. Ann Summers sell things that can be readily converted by the addition of a screwdriver tip. These can loosen nuts as well as being useful for stiff screws. blush

3. A small piece of steel acts as a go/no-go magnet tester. The force needed to pull it away is a rough and ready strength tester.

4. There is a universal on/off switch next to the door of the workshop - it turns all the benches off with just a light press on the button. But you are not popular if you bump in to it on your way out of the door.

All your problems solved!
Happy Christmas

RoJo

#51138 - 24/12/10 08:49 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: RoJo]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Robert

1) Yes. I also have something like that. But I was thinking of moving on to something more advanced (as in ... where's the switch?)!

2) Yes. That one was a gift to you, wasn't it (my question I mean, not the "toy")!

3) Yes. See 1) above.

4) Sorry, but I'm thinking more of a "box" that I can plug in anywhere (at any 13A mains outlet, that is). And I've just added "remote control" to the spec.

Ditto regarding Christmas Greetings. smile

PS: I've spotted Dr.Who's Sonic Screwdrivers on eBay. But they look like non-functioning dummies to me! Can anyone on here admit to having one, and offer us a report about their usefulness (or otherwise)?

#51141 - 24/12/10 10:28 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Huw Online   content

Hero

Loc: Essex
PS: I've spotted Dr.Who's Sonic Screwdrivers on eBay. But they look like non-functioning dummies to me! Can anyone on here admit to having one, and offer us a report about their usefulness (or otherwise)?

Someone's had a go. smile

#51143 - 24/12/10 10:45 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Huw]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Cheers for that, Huw. I'll have a look later. smile

#51561 - 14/01/11 02:42 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

I'm looking for mains cables with the usual BS-1363 13 Amp plug on one end and a "clip-on" connector in IEC C13 configuration at the equipment end.

It's the "clip-on" connector that is the interesting bit. Examples of the ones I am looking for my be found on Ivac 590 series volumetric infusion pumps, and the Sechrist IV-100B infant ventilator.

Having said that, of course, they are in fact generally not there (missing, lost). But I would like to fit them, especially to the ventilators.

They may be marked "PEC". Does anyone know of a supplier? smile

Meanwhile, here's one way of doing it (but not the one I'm looking for, unfortunately).

#51658 - 21/01/11 09:31 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Still looking (waiting to hear). frown

#51671 - 21/01/11 02:35 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Jonathan Wells Offline
Expert

Loc: Out in the sticks
Have you tried Feller?

Edited by Jonathan Wells (21/01/11 02:36 PM)

#51673 - 21/01/11 03:36 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Jonathan Wells]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

That looks like quality stuff, Jonathan (and the "Specials" page is interesting), but I don't see the one I'm after. So I guess they're not the, er, fellers that I'm looking for, unfortunately.

I notice that they have an office in South Shields, though.

The "PEC" marking is my major clue, but all the Googling so far has produced lots of electrical PEC's (and I'm suspecting a source in the USA), but not the one I'm after, as yet, alas. frown

#51674 - 21/01/11 04:48 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Cyberdog Offline
Mentor

Loc: Cardiff, South Glamorgan
I've spotted Dr.Who's Sonic Screwdrivers on eBay. But they look like non-functioning dummies to me! Can anyone on here admit to having one, and offer us a report about their usefulness (or otherwise)?

I'm afraid I have to admit to owning two sonic screwdrivers (the toys that is) both are kind of useful as torches. The first (the Tenth doctor's) is useful if you need a source of UV light; checking for forged paper currency etc, and it also has a biro incorporated, which can be swapped out for a UV pen tip.
The second (the Eleventh and current doctor's) has no real use beyond emitting green light and being quite fun to mess about with.
Unfortunately niether can loosen a screw. frown

http://entirelyopinionated.com

#51676 - 21/01/11 05:16 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Cyberdog]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

I have a Good Mate who claims to be working on a sonic screwdriver that actually does turn screws!

But I must say that, although he is undoubtedly a "Genius Guy", having taken a look at the thread that Huw linked to on Christmas Eve, I am beginning to wonder!

However, who knows ... maybe the guy is looking at things from a whole new perspective! Let's wait (a little longer) and see! smile

#52468 - 25/02/11 02:59 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Does anyone have any bits laying around for the Vickers 140 series incubators?

As usual, biscuits are waiting (and you get to choose)! smile

#52470 - 25/02/11 03:28 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
RoJo Offline

Hero

Loc: Permenantly in "The Smoke"
Quote:
I'm looking for mains cables with the usual BS-1363 13 Amp plug on one end and a "clip-on" connector in IEC C13 configuration at the equipment end.

Geoff,
If you are still looking I got some rewireable plugs of this type from Farnell a few years ago. Don't know if they still do them.
RoJo

#52471 - 25/02/11 03:49 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: RoJo]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

I've spent a bit of time on the Farnell website, Robert, but haven't found that connector yet.

If anyone takes a look at the IEC mains inlet on the back of a Ivac 590 series pump, you will see that it is marked "PEC" and B-0778. It's the mains cable connector, rated at 10 A, that mates with (and clips onto) that one that I'm after.

With the Vickers 140 it's temperature sensor "probes" that are the most pressing. smile

#57357 - 23/07/11 02:16 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

I'm still (always) looking for Wellmed/Ivac/Alaris/Cardinal/CareFusion (whatever) test equipment:- syringe gauges, thrust gauges and what-have-you for all types from all eras.

Similarly Graseby syringe pump test bits and bobs.

Biscuits (can be big 'uns) waiting as usual. smile

I recently set eyes upon the Asena syringe pumps test kit (1000SP00373) - very nice, but a bit beyond the scope of my budget, unfortunately.

#60351 - 11/03/12 09:17 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

I wonder if anyone could let me have a copy of PC601XFR.exe ... this would have been on the floppy disk that comes (came) with the Bio-Tek 601-Pro Series International Safety Tester. think

This is the software needed at the PC end when transferring (downloading) data from the tester. It could also be the case that other, more generic, software does the trick. So I would be happy to hear any advice about that as well.

Also (whilst I'm on here) ... does anyone have one of the earlier 601-Pro's that they want rid of? That is, the one identifiable by having the strip printer at top right, ECG jacks along the top edge, main switch on the back etc. These would have been current about twenty years ago. smile

#60352 - 11/03/12 03:28 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

By the way, in case anyone is wondering why I would be interested in a 20-year old tester ... well, it's because it has a 10 A earth bonding test capability (as well as 1 A) ... unlike the "Series" which blats away at 25 A (or 1 A). whistle

(there's an early 601-Pro on eBay at the moment ... but the guy wants 700 for it - even though it's hardly in pristine condition*)!

In similar vein, does anyone have a copy of MedPlan? This one was primarily for use with the Bender P-601 safety tester, and was another piece of (now ancient) software that came on a single floppy back in the good old days of DOS.

In passing, I am always interested in getting my hands on retro software of this kind. The original ProFile is another that I would like to get hold of.

As a historical note perhaps I should mention that it's now ten years since BioTek sold off its test equipment interests to concentrate on micro-plate washers (readers, etc.). The story goes that they didn't have too much choice at the time, as the houses of all the "top brass" were mortgaged to the hilt in order to continue financing the company. Such are the realities of running a (family owned) business. Happily, they have thrived (apparently) since then. smile

* He says:- "this item is ex-MOD (so you KNOW it has been looked after)". I say:- yeah, right.

#60443 - 18/03/12 01:19 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

I don't suppose that anyone has a .pdf manual (with circuit diagrams) for the good old Rigel 233? think

I used to have one in hard copy ... but it seems to have got lost somewhere along the way. frown

#61268 - 04/06/12 01:38 PM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

More on the Bio-Tek 601-Pro Series International Safety Tester:-

Does anyone (Sean?) have a tried and tested (read as:- easy) way to perk up the display on these good old machines? The "dim display" seems to be par for the course with them, unfortunately. frown

#61277 - 07/06/12 10:20 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Geoff Hannis]
Sean Fearon Offline
Master

Loc: North West
601 Pro models incorporated various different displays during the Biotek / Fluke production runs. On the early lcd displays there was a contrast adjust pot on the rear of the display board (worth a try). Also, the removal of dust ingress between the front panel overlay and the display helps improve ease of view.
Not aware of any cost effective methods for display replacement other than through OEM.

Sean

#61278 - 07/06/12 10:43 AM Re: Stuff We Need [Re: Sean Fearon]
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero

Thanks for that Sean. I shall have a look for the pot if I get around to opening up the unit (again).

Mind you, the 2.5 mm thick "glass" that someone has stuck over the display could be the real culprit in this case! LOL.

But to be honest, the original display "window" was hardly the best feature of this instrument, was it (especially once it had been poked a few times with a ballpoint, screwdriver, whatever). smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  DaveC in Oz, KM, Muneeb, RoJo 
Who's Online
6 registered (Cliffy, Vesselin, CieloBrazil, Huw, Neil Porter, Ed SWM), 272 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Events
July
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
7842 Members
28 Forums