Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

I'm looking for mains cables with the usual BS-1363 13 Amp plug on one end and a "clip-on" connector in IEC C13 configuration at the equipment end.

It's the "clip-on" connector that is the interesting bit. Examples of the ones I am looking for my be found on Ivac 590 series volumetric infusion pumps, and the Sechrist IV-100B infant ventilator.

Having said that, of course, they are in fact generally not there (missing, lost). But I would like to fit them, especially to the ventilators.

They may be marked "PEC". Does anyone know of a supplier? smile

Meanwhile, here's one way of doing it (but not the one I'm looking for, unfortunately).

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

Still looking (waiting to hear). frown

Expert
Expert
Have you tried Feller?

Last edited by Jonathan Wells; 21/01/11 3:36 PM.
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

That looks like quality stuff, Jonathan (and the "Specials" page is interesting), but I don't see the one I'm after. So I guess they're not the, er, fellers that I'm looking for, unfortunately.

I notice that they have an office in South Shields, though.

The "PEC" marking is my major clue, but all the Googling so far has produced lots of electrical PEC's (and I'm suspecting a source in the USA), but not the one I'm after, as yet, alas. frown

Mentor
Mentor
Originally Posted By: Geoff Hannis
I've spotted Dr.Who's Sonic Screwdrivers on eBay. But they look like non-functioning dummies to me! Can anyone on here admit to having one, and offer us a report about their usefulness (or otherwise)?

I'm afraid I have to admit to owning two sonic screwdrivers (the toys that is) both are kind of useful as torches. The first (the Tenth doctor's) is useful if you need a source of UV light; checking for forged paper currency etc, and it also has a biro incorporated, which can be swapped out for a UV pen tip.
The second (the Eleventh and current doctor's) has no real use beyond emitting green light and being quite fun to mess about with.
Unfortunately niether can loosen a screw. frown

I love deadlines, I like the wooshing sound they make as they fly by.
Cyberdog #51676 21/01/11 6:16 PM
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

I have a Good Mate who claims to be working on a sonic screwdriver that actually does turn screws!

But I must say that, although he is undoubtedly a "Genius Guy", having taken a look at the thread that Huw linked to on Christmas Eve, I am beginning to wonder!

However, who knows ... maybe the guy is looking at things from a whole new perspective! Let's wait (a little longer) and see! smile

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

Does anyone have any bits laying around for the Vickers 140 series incubators?

As usual, biscuits are waiting (and you get to choose)! smile

Hero
Hero
Quote:
I'm looking for mains cables with the usual BS-1363 13 Amp plug on one end and a "clip-on" connector in IEC C13 configuration at the equipment end.

Geoff,
If you are still looking I got some rewireable plugs of this type from Farnell a few years ago. Don't know if they still do them.
RoJo

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
RoJo #52471 25/02/11 4:49 PM
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

I've spent a bit of time on the Farnell website, Robert, but haven't found that connector yet.

If anyone takes a look at the IEC mains inlet on the back of a Ivac 590 series pump, you will see that it is marked "PEC" and B-0778. It's the mains cable connector, rated at 10 A, that mates with (and clips onto) that one that I'm after.

With the Vickers 140 it's temperature sensor "probes" that are the most pressing. smile

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

I'm still (always) looking for Wellmed/Ivac/Alaris/Cardinal/CareFusion (whatever) test equipment:- syringe gauges, thrust gauges and what-have-you for all types from all eras.

Similarly Graseby syringe pump test bits and bobs.

Biscuits (can be big 'uns) waiting as usual. smile

I recently set eyes upon the Asena syringe pumps test kit (1000SP00373) - very nice, but a bit beyond the scope of my budget, unfortunately.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 343 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz, trat, Mitul Patel
10,178 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,061
Posts73,725
Members10,178
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020