Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

I wonder if anyone could let me have a copy of PC601XFR.exe ... this would have been on the floppy disk that comes (came) with the Bio-Tek 601-Pro Series International Safety Tester. think

This is the software needed at the PC end when transferring (downloading) data from the tester. It could also be the case that other, more generic, software does the trick. So I would be happy to hear any advice about that as well.

Also (whilst I'm on here) ... does anyone have one of the earlier 601-Pro's that they want rid of? That is, the one identifiable by having the strip printer at top right, ECG jacks along the top edge, main switch on the back etc. These would have been current about twenty years ago. smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

By the way, in case anyone is wondering why I would be interested in a 20-year old tester ... well, it's because it has a 10 A earth bonding test capability (as well as 1 A) ... unlike the "Series" which blats away at 25 A (or 1 A). whistle

(there's an early 601-Pro on eBay at the moment ... but the guy wants £ 700 for it - even though it's hardly in pristine condition*)!

In similar vein, does anyone have a copy of MedPlan? This one was primarily for use with the Bender µP-601 safety tester, and was another piece of (now ancient) software that came on a single floppy back in the good old days of DOS.

In passing, I am always interested in getting my hands on retro software of this kind. The original ProFile is another that I would like to get hold of.

As a historical note perhaps I should mention that it's now ten years since BioTek sold off its test equipment interests to concentrate on micro-plate washers (readers, etc.). The story goes that they didn't have too much choice at the time, as the houses of all the "top brass" were mortgaged to the hilt in order to continue financing the company. Such are the realities of running a (family owned) business. Happily, they have thrived (apparently) since then. smile

* He says:- "this item is ex-MOD (so you KNOW it has been looked after)". I say:- yeah, right.

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

I don't suppose that anyone has a .pdf manual (with circuit diagrams) for the good old Rigel 233? think

I used to have one in hard copy ... but it seems to have got lost somewhere along the way. frown

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

More on the Bio-Tek 601-Pro Series International Safety Tester:-

Does anyone (Sean?) have a tried and tested (read as:- easy) way to perk up the display on these good old machines? The "dim display" seems to be par for the course with them, unfortunately. frown

Sage
Sage
601 Pro models incorporated various different displays during the Biotek / Fluke production runs. On the early lcd displays there was a contrast adjust pot on the rear of the display board (worth a try). Also, the removal of dust ingress between the front panel overlay and the display helps improve ease of view.
Not aware of any cost effective methods for display replacement other than through OEM.

Sean

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

Thanks for that Sean. I shall have a look for the pot if I get around to opening up the unit (again).

Mind you, the 2.5 mm thick "glass" that someone has stuck over the display could be the real culprit in this case! LOL.

But to be honest, the original display "window" was hardly the best feature of this instrument, was it (especially once it had been poked a few times with a ballpoint, screwdriver, whatever). smile

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Darby, daisizhou, 1 invisible), 334 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,704
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020