Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
jbt Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Hello, maybe somebody can help me with a problem with a Tuttnauer E3870E atuoclave: It works fine but when it reaches the dryong cycles, the unit just stays there forever, never ends the cycle, the same will happen if I only choose the drying, stays there forever, and in both cases, the keyboard just stops working, nothinh ha´´ens if pushing the keys.
When I press the drying cycle only, after I hit the start button, I hear the valve for the air opens, the air pump never comes on. I tried the air pump by otself applying voltage directly and it works fine. So I amthinking maybe a short circuti soemwhere??
I have also tried to run the IN-OUT test described in the service manual, but it will just not come on.
Hope somebody could help me. Thanks a lot

Sage
Sage
maybe burned relay / fusible resistor confused

--- PATIENT SAFETY FIRST ---
Hero
Hero
Quote:
maybe a short circuti soemwhere

An open circuit is more likely - trace the voltages through and see where they disappear.
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
jbt Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Thank´s for oyur comments, I have been tracing the voltages, can´t find it yet. When I get the answer I will post it in case somebody could need sometime.

Hero
Hero
Start at the beginning where you know there are some - such as the power supply then to the contacts of the realy that you can hear working and so on. If there are none at the power supply then you have your answer.
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Time to check out the circuit diagram! smile

Take a look at the line from J16 on the main control board (AJUNC-3) to the drying pump. I see a solid-state relay (I also notice there is a fuse before the pump, BTW)!

I would say that "hearing the air valve" (43) is a Red Herring; the diagram shows it coming off JP12 (that is, not connected to the drying pump).

Quote:

I tried the air pump by otself applying voltage directly and it works fine.

Try farther back - at the sold-state relay. Is it working?

On the other hand, I see that Juan is saying that the "In-Out test" won't run - which sounds a bit odd. Maybe he needs to confirm that (and if that is indeed the case, consider a system reset, fitting a new NVRAM, or whatever). Final thought - and it may sound like a daft question - but I suppose that the "UP" button is working OK? think

jbt Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Thank you very much for your responses. I have been tracing voltages all over the places and finally found that the FUSE HOLDER was the problem, most of the times are the simplest things was makes big problems.

Monday I will run some tests and see if everyhting is working fine.

Happy weekend.

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

The fuse before the drying pump? think

Nice fix! And thanks for telling us about it. smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
jbt Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Yes, it was the fuse holder, the fuse was OK, and that is were I was getting confused. I´ve tried today a complete sterylization cycle with drying and worked fine. But there still a problem when trying to run only a drying cycle, it is not starting think

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Look again at your repair. smile

Try bypassing the fuse (fuse holder) - temporarily, of course - or better still bypass with a jumper containing another fuse of suitable rating.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (Geoff Hannis, daisizhou, fanie, 1 invisible), 419 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz, trat, Mitul Patel
10,178 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,061
Posts73,725
Members10,178
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020