As medical devices integrate with medical networks, information technologies and clinical engineering responsibilities continue to converge.
Essentials of Healthcare IT examines networks and connectivity from both perspectives, providing the critical elements EBME technicians need to excel in this new and exciting arena.
Essentials of Healthcare IT is vendor-neutral and approaches IT from the healthcare professionals perspective.
Previous IT training is not required.
- Computer Hardware Basics
- Inspection of Connectors and Jacks
- Boot Up/POST/Boot Order
- Exploring My Computer
- Physical Disks
- Adding Plug-and-Play Peripherals
- Adding Non-PNP Peripherals
- Exploring Device Manager
- Exploring Computer Management
- Benefits of Medical Networks
- Network Topologies
- Practical IP Addressing
- Building a Flat Network
- Adding Network Devices
- Troubleshooting Flat Networks
- Administering Server/Client Networks
- Accessing Network Sites Remotely
- Mapping Network Drives
- Building a Switched Network
- Troubleshooting Switched Networks
- Local and Remote Administration of Routers
- Building a Routed Network
- Troubleshooting a Routed Network
- Configuration of Access Points
- Building a Wireless Network
- Troubleshooting a Wireless Network
For more information please contact: Gary Sinclair, GE Healthcare Clinical Systems Devices