Breakthrough Measurements. Radical Monitor.
Once again raising the technology bar, the 2012 Radical-7 leverages Masimo’s breakthrough noninvasive measurements with a radical departure from traditional monitoring for breakthrough functionality designed to automate the process of care and enable clinicians to instantly adapt to changing monitoring needs in individual patients and care areas.
Noninvasive and Continuous:
- Masimo SET®Measure-through Motion and Low Perfusion™ pulse oximetry
- Perfusion Index (PI)helps assess peripheral blood flow
- Haemoglobin (SpHb®) to help clinicians identify bleeding earlier¹ and reduce blood transfusions during surgery²*
- Pleth variability index (PVI®)to help clinicians assess fluid responsiveness³ and improve fluid management to decrease patient risk4*
- Carboxyhaemoglobin (SpCO®)to help clinicians assess carbon monoxide (CO) in the blood – facilitating earlier detection and treatment of CO poisoning5*
- Methaemoglobin (SpMet®)to help clinicians assess methaemoglobin in the blood – facilitating earlier detection and treatment of a dangerous, often unrecognized reaction to many commonly used drugs*
- Acoustic respiration rate (RRa™)to help clinicians assess breathing – facilitating earlier detection of respiratory compromise and patient distress6*
* Each measurement is optional and requires a software upgrade
- Keep your patients connected with standard integrated wireless connectivity with 802.11 radio & Bluetooth®
- Easy operation with intuitive colour touchscreen
- Instant adaptability to what each clinician wants to see – parameters, waveforms, trends
- Powerful trending functionality – select one or two parameters at once and with a simple gesture, move, expand, or collapse parameter trends for real-time analysis
- Device profile light for easy customisation and quick changes to settings with pre-configured profiles as well as easy identification of which department the device belongs
- Unprecedented versatility with rotational screen in the handheld – automatically changes to horizontal or vertical view – in or out of the docking station
- Help assess measurement confidence with Signal IQ®
- Extended monitoring with 4 hour handheld battery life
- Maximum safety with redundant speaker system
1 Causey MW et al. American Journal of Surgery. 2011;201:590-596.
2 Ehrenfeld JM et al. ASA. 2010;LB05. (abstract).
3 Cannesson M et al.Br J Anaesth. 2008;101(2):200-6.
4 Forget P et al. Anesth Analg. 2010;111(4):910-4.
5 Hampson NB. AM J Emerg Med. 2012. Article in press.
6 Ramsay M et al. PGA. 2011. P9137. (abstract).