Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Professional Issues
Nothing wrong with RCT (or IPEM) but their entry requirements are far too high for most engineers working on medical equipment and often assume you actually work in a medical physics of EBME department

Unfortunately, many hospitals now mandate some form of credentialing to allow access to hospitals. The department for health requested a common scheme be developed for this function, which how the LSI one came about. Many of the schemes adopted by hospitals are not appropriate for those working on medical equipment, as they are designed for works departments dealing with electrical contractors and other infrastructure related trades.

The LSI scheme costs £30 per year for individuals.

Above the RCT scheme the LSI has a photo ID card to positively identify individuals that include a GS1 bar code, which the NHS is mandating for individuals as well as products.
25 10,147 Read More
Professional Issues

What's wrong with IPEM? At least they produce some useful documents.

And no - I'm not a member.

Why do we (you) need yet another "register"? think

In fact, why do we (you) need any "register"?

Meanwhile, how much does membership of this "not-for profit" organisation cost (annual fees, and what-have-you)?
25 10,147 Read More
Professional Issues
Is it time IPEM gave up on the RCT and simply insist all those working in healthcare signed up to a PSA recognised credentialing register? The UK med tech industry has set up a not-for-profit organisation to allow any company or individual to register, providing they meet the minimum requirements. These are far less onerous than those for the RCT and do not require specific degree level qualifications to join. Take a look at https://lifescienceindustry.co.uk
25 10,147 Read More
Service Manuals & Schematics
Hi,

I need the service manual for Intellisave AX700 anesthesia machine. Someone can help me?

Best regards
0 27 Read More
Spare Parts
Hi All

Is anyone out there using Philips Heartstart XL defibs in their trusts? We are having a problem getting replacement batteries PN M3516A, Cardiac Services is the supplier to us, but even calling Philips Medical directly doesn't help, they wont tell you anything. We have orders going back nearly six months now that haven't been fulfilled.

Does anyone else have this issue or know why Philips are having such a big problem supplying batteries for this model of defib?

Cheers

Mike
0 61 Read More
Spare Parts
Who?
1 208 Read More
Hi all, i'm needing savina 300 service manual. Can u please send me via email: ngocbien.bme@gmail.com?

Thanks;
7 5,027 Read More
Hi,

I need the service manual for infusion pump TOP 3300 and TOP 5300. Someone can help me?

Best regards
0 40 Read More
Spare Parts
I see a certain bladder scanner supplier has just suddenly raised their prices over 60%.

As if they weren't overpriced to start with
1 208 Read More
Out of Hours

There's nothing for the likes of us in the UK, Neil; personally I believe it has been that way for decades. Even after fifteen years of being back, I continue to feel that I don't belong.

Many of my (our) Old Mates have retired now; including blokes I have known who worked in the NHS (as well as many who used to frequent this forum). Mates have relocated to Cyprus, Laos ... and yes, Thailand. Sadly, more than a few have moved on to that "Big Workshop in the Sky". frown

I'm hoping to escape myself before too long (just as soon as I complete my current project - which, I must admit, has become a bit "never ending").

I always promised myself one of those Kanoo "around the world tickets" (do they still do them?) ... but I have in mind something a bit more "permanent" now. smile
24 13,520 Read More
Out of Hours

The "fun" went out of working in the Kingdom very soon after the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Angus.

But I'm thinking about (remembering) travelling around "remote" areas, rather than living in "expat compounds".

Things got a bit "hair raising" on a number of occasions. frown

Some years ago, thinking (hoping) that things might have quietened down a bit later on, I had a couple of goes at trying to get back out there. But things did not proceed in my favour; I wrote those abortive efforts off to "Fate". A few times in my life I have found that sometimes you just can't force things to turn out as you might have hoped. And at least in the UK (so far) I haven't had gangs of youths throwing rocks at me ... etc., etc. (or even - shot at, as happened to me once whilst jogging home across the desert - the guy did it in "fun", or so I imagine; packs of feral dogs were also a problem where I was at that time, too). whistle

Were you in Khobar at the time of the 1996 bombing, Angus? That was a big bang! For a moment there I thought I was back in Northern Ireland. But are you still in Tripoli? Surely that must be a bit "fun", too?
24 13,520 Read More
Out of Hours
No regrets at all Angus, How is Libya, I started my 'journey' in Libya in 1981 down in Sebha.

The journey ends in Jeddah and I will be living in Thailand rather than returning to the UK
24 13,520 Read More
Out of Hours
Have no regrets about leaving Neil. The Kingdom is no longer fun to work in now that most of the Western Expats have hung up their boots.
24 13,520 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 146 guests, and 32 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NHSDave, Samuel E, Anisha, Tauseef, Mercy Ships
9386 Registered Users
Events
Philips - National Conference
SCCT Study Day
Welch Allyn - Completing The Picture
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,370
Posts70,329