Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Spare Parts Jump to new posts
Bair Hugger 505 parts Ed SWM Yesterday at 04:02 PM
Hi All,
Was wondering if anyone has any spares for the 3M Bair Hugger 505 units lying around in a storeroom somewhere? A lot of the parts have been discontinued but we still look after a number of units in the veterinary environment.
Very best regards
Ed Bennett
Southwest Medical Ltd
0 30 Read More
Service Manuals & Schematics Jump to new posts
Re: Evita XL service manual servicetech Yesterday at 11:26 AM
link with many service manual

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Clinical_Equipment
2 166 Read More
Technical Assistance Jump to new posts
Re: Mindray Beneheart D3 John Sandham 29/09/20 12:13 PM
Hi Marius,
I found a service manual here: https://pdfslide.net/download/link/beneheart-d3-service-manual-v20-english-1

Have you tried contacting Mindray support directly to ask for advice?
1 121 Read More
Training Jump to new posts
Clinical Entrepreneur Programme Alf 23/09/20 1:48 PM
The Clinical Entrepreneur training programme is a workforce development programme for clinical and non-clinical NHS staff, run by NHS England and NHS Improvement’s Innovation, Research and Life Sciences group.

The application process is open for this educational workforce training and development programme designed for healthcare professionals who want to develop and scale their most innovative ideas for patient benefit.

The programme was launched in 2016 and has already recruited over 500 individuals including Doctors, Dentists and Healthcare Scientists, Nurses and Midwives, Allied Health Professionals, and Pharmacists from a range of diverse backgrounds. Places on this prestigious programme will be offered, through a competitive process, to applicants who have developed clinical innovations to improve patient care and support service redesign through commercial and non-commercial enterprises.

Please see link below

https://www.england.nhs.uk/aac/what...linical-entrepreneur-training-programme/

This may be a great opportunity for members of the EBME community which in my opinion possesses a wealth of determined and talented individuals and teams, the accent on determination in as much as novelty plays a much smaller part in the success of a product as compared to the hard work involved in creating it.

In the words of Edison "innovations are 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration"

Darren
0 200 Read More
Events Jump to new posts
Re: The EBME Expo is changing dates John Sandham 23/09/20 1:00 PM
The EBME Expo has now been postponed to 2021. See: https://www.ebme.co.uk/home/press/ebme-expo-postponed-to-2021

New dates announced are 30 June - 1 July 2021, at the Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes

These new dates provide us with enough time to feel absolutely confident of hosting a fantastic event with a huge turnout. A number of vaccination programs look likely to be rolled out in Q1 2021, which will also help to alleviate any concerns.

We will be announcing a series of online webinars, which we will release more information on very shortly, to ensure that our valued delegates, speakers and exhibitors can continue to engage between now and the EBME Expo in 2021.
5 2,433 Read More
Professional Issues Jump to new posts
Re: Best Union for EBME Engineers Geoff Hannis 21/09/20 4:17 PM
Originally Posted by Alf
The quality of the union representative is often the most significant factor.
This is indeed the critical factor; and one that cannot be asserted strongly enough!
2 389 Read More
Aesculap GN300 odocostume 21/09/20 11:00 AM
Hi,

I am in need of the Aesculap GN300 service manual.

chico_ze69@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Francisco
0 109 Read More
Xray generator model Polydoros IT - Siemens Reinaldo Escorci 20/09/20 7:02 PM
Hello Friends,

I am in need of a service manual, user manual, operating description, part list and electrical diagrams of the PCBs of the X-ray generator model Polydoros IT manufactured by Siemens.

I will be very grateful to anyone who can help.

Best Regards
0 65 Read More
Mobile Xray model Practix 300 by Philips Reinaldo Escorci 20/09/20 6:29 PM
Hello Friends,

I need a service manual, user manual, operating description, part list and PCB's electrical diagrams of the mobile X-ray model Practix 300 manufactured by Philips.
I have level 1 electrical diagrams that show the block diagrams of the equipment, but these do not allow to make repairs to the PCBs.

Best Regards
0 109 Read More
C Arm model BV Endura by Philips Reinaldo Escorci 20/09/20 6:25 PM
Hello Friends,

I am in need of a service manual, operating description, part list and electrical diagrams of the PCBs of the C Arm model BV Endura manufactured by Philips.
I have level 1 electrical diagrams that show the block diagrams of the equipment, but these do not allow to make repairs to the PCBs.

Best Regards
0 81 Read More
Medical Equipment Management Jump to new posts
Re: Using an anaesthetic machine to ventilate covid-19 ChazMich 19/09/20 3:55 PM
Hello umish,

This is easily done and I have used anaesthesia machines as ICU ventilators.

Be sure to:
1. Use a new disposable circuit
2. Take off any agent vaporizers
3. Place the CO2 absorber in the 'Off Line' position
4. Use a HME
5. A FGF of 6-8 lpm is adequate for average adults
https://healthprofessions.udmercy.edu/academics/na/agm/09.htm

Regards, Michel.
18 4,073 Read More
Re: Service manuals and service software available. sonoatlas 18/09/20 7:43 PM
hi ,
Plz i need sm of aloka 4000
Donj.ocean@gmail.com
B.Regards
103 338,394 Read More
Recruitment Jump to new posts
Re: Biomedical entry level application WhiteLionel 17/09/20 4:59 PM
Much appreciated John! I will delve into these with a brew this evening!

Kind regards

Sam
2 510 Read More
Re: Service manual Syringe pump Agilia servicetech 16/09/20 11:09 AM
1 366 Read More
Re: Drager Evita software installation Felipe Neves 15/09/20 11:49 PM
[quote=vitapablo]

Could you help me, I'm looking for Drager Fabius software. I saw in a forum that you commented is a boy answered.
You got the software. You could even guide me.
4 1,286 Read More
Re: Thermometers validation jonbe 14/09/20 11:44 AM
Hi Geoff I can only speak for our departments Circa 2012 era three examples all require 5V dc @ 2W consumption(I presume on mark/space ratio). But the two units once heated on mains PSU, ran quite happily for eight hours 1Amp (fast) fuse protected as male jacks seem a risk! I believe in 9600 there is a built In undervoltage alarm.
Thanks
6 984 Read More
Re: GE MAC 5500 ECG machine Geoff Hannis 13/09/20 4:37 PM
I don't know about the 5500, but on the 5000 there were a couple of round RS-232 connectors on the back.

At least one of those was intended (I believe) for connection to a modem. So some sort of file transfer protocol must have been available to transmit the (presumably) ECG data.

Although much "fun" could no doubt be had in trying to recreate a printed output from such a (serial) data stream, surely it would be better to spend whatever time is available in fixing the initial problem with the built-in thermal printer?

What problems are you experiencing? Still the same one?
1 291 Read More
Re: Need help fixing ATL HDI 5000 ultrasound machine Mekaz 11/09/20 10:03 PM
Thanks Malcolm. Mail sent.
9 630 Read More
Philips V24C need Help !!!! Diego de Jesus Gonzalez Beltran 09/09/20 9:13 PM
Dear friends

I have an old Philips V24C that have problems with the Switching power supply

Does anyone have a Schematic for this part that could share me, please?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
0 166 Read More
Re: Innervator Error code 26 Geoff Hannis 08/09/20 5:07 PM
... often seen on eBay, though.

That's interesting about the transformer. I wonder why they didn't include Error 26 in the manual. Omitted by mistake, I suspect.
3 408 Read More
Medical Equipment Management Jump to new posts
Re: Medical Device Regulatory News MichaelA 08/09/20 3:57 PM
Thanks for the link.

From what I understand, for medical devices which have a CE mark, nothing much will change until 2023 (assuming that the manufacturers of those devices can obtain a CE mark - currently through the MDD, soon under the MDR).

Custom and in-house manufactured devices will need to meet the requirements of the UK 2002 Medical Device Regulations. I expect that these will be aligned with the EU MDR etc in due course once the new UK Medicines and Medial Devices Bill has been passed. There may however, at some point, be some divergence between the EU and UK medical device regulations. If/when this happens, manufacturers would have to comply with two different regimes to get access to both markets.

As stated in the guidance, there will be an additional requirement for medical devices to be registered with the MHRA following a certain grace period.
1 485 Read More
Training Jump to new posts
Re: Biomedical Engineering Degree Alf 08/09/20 11:43 AM
Yes John

Avensys and Eastwood Park, both excellent training providers,

I have two staff undertaking an apprenticeship with Avensys presently and one member of staff training at Eastwood Park. I will encourage all to progress to gaining a Biomedical Engineering Degree. The benefits to the individual and department are huge, well worth the investment.

I would advise any new department manager to establish training initiatives in their budget as a priority.

As for on line courses see https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/ Lots of clinical, non-clinical and mandatory training here, some good training on devices and some excellent IPEM radiation/imaging training.
6 2,094 Read More
Re: how to test fisher&paykel innervator 272? Geoff Hannis 07/09/20 5:41 PM
Better late than never?

See Frank.
5 6,120 Read More
Dräger PM8050 Michael L. 02/09/20 1:33 PM
Hi,

I have a Dräger PM8050 anesthesia monitor that shows INOP for the CO2 measurement. I would need a service manual for the device to attempt a repair.

Best,
Michael
0 254 Read More
Free discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Experiences with Rip-Off-Manufacturers? John Sandham 02/09/20 9:17 AM
I think that the majority of manufacturers do not 'rip-off' Hospitals, but there are a small minority who could be accused of doing that (without naming and shaming - I agree with Dave).

Those that do overcharge, or will not provide technical training - service manuals - spare parts, can be easily identified and when it comes to buying new equipment, you can then (before buying) negotiate better terms, or even 'blacklist' the suppliers that won't play ball, through the buying department (Approved suppliers list).

If the playing field is laid out by both the buyer and the supplier, the relationship can be a co-operative arrangement, a partnership. and both parties benefit.
2 377 Read More
Who's Online Now
2 members (Huw, DaveC in Oz), 494 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
serviceholg, Migue, Nasser, Ed_Fred, Chris Malin
9708 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,603
Posts71,770
Members9,708
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020