Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Technical Assistance Jump to new posts
Re: BOC Engineers are too big for their boots ariel dulay 30/11/21 2:31 AM
there is always an alternative. do not tolerate. BTW are you satisfy with their work? do they give you report on how they do including calibration and warranty of repaired unit?
2 475 Read More
Re: Sony UPP-110 ariel dulay 30/11/21 2:18 AM
...gloss thermal paper sensor dirty/misalign
2 274 Read More
Out of Hours Jump to new posts
Re: Reds on the Run John Sandham 29/11/21 2:07 PM
More about my book here: https://redsontherun.com/
3 796 Read More
Equipment Libraries Jump to new posts
Criticool Mini Neonatal Warmer Indie 29/11/21 12:29 PM
Hi Guys
Just wondering if anyone has this product?
Would appreciate any feedback whether positive or negative about its performance and cost of accessories etc.
We currently use the Tecotherm Neo but have been advised that its now obsolete, any feedback at all would be appreciated.
0 63 Read More
Re: Olympus Camera Heads Geoff Hannis 25/11/21 5:09 PM
Why? To give them the chance of beating the Third-Party quote? Or maybe offering an Extended Warranty?

Or would that be because the equipment has been leased from the OEM ... which would, of course, undoubtedly contain a clause that repairs may only be carried out by the OEM (which would be fair enough).

Otherwise, the OEM does not own the equipment, and therefore has no claim on it. In other words, the owners can do whatever they want with it (within the Law, of course).
4 953 Read More
Medical Equipment Management Jump to new posts
Re: Ansur answers !!! ToniAFSlo 20/11/21 9:55 PM
I'm sorry for this wrong information. No i have wrong remember, not even on printing i dont get Č. So its look like that is here End of Story. Problem is becuse Ansur when exporting pdf set encoding to ANSI so if someone find solution to change this to UTF8 please tell me.
26 26,403 Read More
Free discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Servicing LTV 1200 without Training ? Geoff Hannis 18/11/21 9:02 PM
Yes; interesting points ... and I can imagine that certain questions could cause embarrassment should any case go to "court".

Sounds like the Manager could be the one with some explaining to do.

As usual, my advice is to keep well out of (away from) it all if you can.

Meanwhile, I have always thought that biomeds should be "certified" to work on certain types of equipment - anaesthesia, ventilators, x-ray, lab analyzers, dialysis and so forth - via recognized training, possibly followed by periodic (annual, every five years, or whatever) re-licencing. Rather like the CORGI scheme for gas fitters. But unfortunately, the UK authorities have never felt the need to take such a step.

I'm not talking about simple Registration there, but actual practical evidence of appropriate skill sets.

So we just have to muddle along, relying on the techs always doing the right thing, and (not) supporting them when things go wrong.

We have "Guidelines" (only) issued by the Government ... but are subject to "Laws" when things go wrong. And never judged by peers, I might add - after all, what do juries, lawyers et al know about "biomed"?

"Integrity - a man's gift to himself".
6 499 Read More
Medical Equipment Management Jump to new posts
Re: alternative ambulatory syringe pump Malcolm 18/11/21 2:33 PM
Our biggest problem with Q Core / Eitan is the total lack of service support here in Italy.....
5 528 Read More
Test Equipment Jump to new posts
calibration tool for fresenius agilia ventec 18/11/21 12:56 PM
I search for the calibrations tool for syringe agilia fresenius
is it available?
0 182 Read More
Service Manuals & Schematics Jump to new posts
Re: service manual for Mindray bs 300 Malcolm 18/11/21 9:32 AM
Hi Victor, I've sent you an email with a WeTransfer link.

Malcolm
1 364 Read More
Professional Issues Jump to new posts
Re: Windows 10 and software Geoff Hannis 17/11/21 4:51 PM
Originally Posted by Neoteny
Our IT department is stating due to the NHS Digital guidelines ...
What Guidelines would these be, I wonder?

And, on a broader point, surely Biomed is not the only department that uses (needs) "old-fashioned" PCs for specific purposes? I'm thinking of the clinical labs, maybe Respiratory Therapy and places like that; anywhere that has PCs attached to medical kit, lab instruments and what-have-you.

Not everyone needs the latest "gee-whiz" super-connected stuff to do their work.

But lastly, surely Windows 11 is the latest "must have"?
3 280 Read More
Re: Sony UP-21MD Print Test Huw 10/11/21 9:33 AM
Access granted.
23 28,435 Read More
Service Manuals & Schematics Jump to new posts
Re: draeger cicero service manual VME 08/11/21 3:36 PM
Hi, pirro
I also look for a drager cicero service manual

Thank you
Email: vme4electronics@gmail.com
13 12,917 Read More
Modernisation (Formerly, Controls Assurance) Jump to new posts
Using N1 Benevision without host monitor (N15/N17) CEng trainee 04/11/21 7:42 PM
Hi All,

Does anybody have any experience of using the Mindray benevision N1 monitoring pods with a TDS carry handle and module dock linked to a touchscreen instead of a full monitor such as the N15 or N17 as it looks like the N1 (pod if you will) does/can do all the hard work. Just wanting to know as thinking it might be much more cost effective and also wouldn't need to replace a whole load of batteries every 3 years. We can then make the budget allocated go further e.g. update more areas. Looking at the user/operators manual it looks like it should work really well while providing a really elegant and usable solution which should suit a significant part of the clinical area I work in.

If anybody has any knowledge or experience would be keen to hear. If anybody has any approximate costs that would be even better then feel free to personal message me to keep it confidential at an appropriate level. Also keen to know if the iView feature on the N17 and above is worth it/useful as sounds like this helps with integrating patient monitoring into the hospital electronic patient record system.

I am no longer a trainee as my user name suggests but decided to retrain now a fully trained and registered member of clinical staff. However maintain a strong link with our clinical engineering department in the trust I now work due to my previous experience within clinical engineering at my previous trust.

Thanks

Neil
0 175 Read More
Re: MR10 Respiration Monitor DTP 03/11/21 2:28 PM
We've been replacing our MR10s with the SISS Babycontrol. No issues to report.
2 452 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 77 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ryan Lowell, MBanks, Blazingapostle, Volkswagen, Chris_P
9,893 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,815
Posts72,641
Members9,893
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020