Thanks for that, Neil. As we know, it's always nice to have (someone else's) lists to hand - it helps in marshalling the thoughts!

I must admit that I'm getting a bit lazy (or maybe that should be efficient) these days when it comes to tools and such. Now that I'm back, and well entrenched, in the Civilised World ... when I find that I need something I generally have a quick look on eBay. And (nine times out of ten) it will be there, at reasonable cost. And delivered to the door - sometimes the very next day!

Where I am at the moment we have a realisation that we need to get stuff into kits, ready to take along according to the type of job (or servicing) in question. We have made a (hesitant) start, but a lot more needs to be done.

I had to resort to my "reserve" soldering iron whilst out on a job the other day. On the drive back I was racking my brain trying to work out where I had left my soldering kit (or, more like, which of the usual suspects had "borrowed" it). But when I got back to the workshop, yes ... there it was, sitting amognst the chaos beneath my bench (and probably wondering why I hadn't taken it along)!

Yes, the will to organise remains ... but (as seems to be usual here), time is in short supply. As I may have mentioned, we simply need more man-hours (more staff, but of the "useful" kind).

Perhaps I should mention the related topic of "servicing kits" as well. We are keen on those, too. But where do you draw the line? How do you avoid (expensive) duplication? Also (and this seems to be a Big Question), how do you enforce a bit of, er, discipline when it comes to checking them (and re-stocking if need be) ready to take out the next time? smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.