There was an error in the Feature Item in the initial mailing of this months newsletter.
The correct text is shown below. The Bodyguard 545 is in no way connected with the Plum CE marking issue.
A press release from CME may be seen here: https://www.ebme.co.uk/press/414-cme-medi...-and-compliance
CME Medical can help you to uphold your reputation for safety, reliability and compliance
Your reputation is built on safety, reliability and compliance. So is ours. The MHRA have recently issued an alert (MDA/2013/078) regarding the Plum A+ and A+3 family of infusers, Gemstar infuser and Lifecare PCA infuser manufactured by Hospira.
The alert summarised
- The CE marking for these pumps has been withdrawn
- Hospira will not be supplying any new pumps from these ranges
- There are a number of current field safety notices detailing faults that may lead to over infusion, low infusion rates or an interruption to therapy.
- Use an alternative pump where available
More information from CME Medical
- Action underway: 18 November 2013
- Action complete: 16 December 2013