Dear Colleagues,

I have recently agreed to lecture on a new Biomedical Engineering Degree (B.Eng/M.Eng) at Birmingham City University on the Medical Equipment Module. https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/biomedical-engineering-beng-meng-2019-20

To be able to teach tests as required in BS 62353 and teach other device technologies, I really need de-commissioned equipment that can no longer be used because of a particular fault.

Would any of you be able to help by donating the following to the Uni? I would be able to get them to confirm they will be only used in their lab on official headed paper etc.

Type CF/BF devices - do not have to be working - just need them to do the 62353 earth safety tests. I need at least 8 so that I can assign 2 students to each one.
Syringe drivers - if they drive then it would be helpful - I don't know if they just become uneconomical to repair - any advice welcomed on what state of disrepair will be worth using etc.
O2 saturation monitors
Old ultra sound unit with bubbles in the probe for example

Any other devices welcomed that could be used for teaching especially those that are serviced in-house - in order to teach the principle of operation etc.

I aim as part of my module to make the students attractive as potential employees by following advice from learned site members like Mike X, I will hopefully produce some rising stars. The course is in the faculty of health so this gives me access to their wide facilities such as their mock operating theatre as well as the lab.

I'm sure you appreciate this humble plea and would be grateful for any help on this.

Regards,

Ian

Ian Chell MSc FSRP