When it comes to "automation", I would say that it comes down to either:-

1) Fluke (Ansur)
2) Datrend (vPad)
3) Rigel (Med-eBase)

Each have their pros and cons ... but it could be a bit difficult (aka "interesting") to "mix and match" between test equipment from those sources (unless, of course, you have plenty of free time and (or) a computer genius on your staff). What I mean is ... how easy would it be (if it is indeed possible) to process an Ansur Test Sequence using Rigel (for example) test kit?

As you must be aware, the "clever" bits of the Ansur regime are the test equipment plug-ins. The propriety "middleware" that facilitates communication between Ansur and the test equipment. I would have thought (hoped) that OneQA works with the "legacy" plug-ins (that is, the old Metron and later Fluke ones). But who knows (and time will no doubt tell)!

I would be nice if Third Party folk carried on developing Ansur plug-ins. But, without full documentation (that is, from Fluke) being made available, I can't see that happening. On the other hand, I have found that Datrend documentation - freely available on line - is quite encouraging (more "open", if you like).

The other aspect to be considered in all this is, of course, the CMMS "database". Once again, a lack of standardisation is apparent ... and perhaps what is needed is what we might call "universal middleware" to sit between (translate between) any test equipment that has data capabilities and various CMMS. But don't hold your breath on that one.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.