But only 200 items? Your're not being very generous there, Jandré.

No doubt your system is "full featured" and aimed at "large enterprises" (large, modern, hospitals and (or) groups of healthcare settings, all with many maintainable items on inventory); but although my own "areas of interest" reside at the other end of the healthcare * "arena" (biomeds serving clinics and small hospitals), the bit that interests me most is:-

Originally Posted by sp00k
3. Addition of pre-configured intervention task lists for asset designations that does not currently have these. (about 90% of designations noted by the GMDN for capital medical equipment currently have pre-configure maintenance task lists ...

Where do these PM procedures (presumably) come from?

Are they cast in stone, or can system users develop (edit) their own (reinventing the wheel as they go)?

Or are you asking others to chip in with their own PMPs? If so:- what format (and do any restrictions apply)? In my time I've come across all sorts ... from ECRI to (single PMPs consisting of) pages and pages of "home grown" lifted straight out of the service manual. And I had better not get started on the various "contractual requirements" I've had to accommodate (and sometimes fend off) in years gone by.

Developing a decent set of PM procedures takes a lot of time, and I always advocate starting on the nursery slopes and getting simple, generic PMPs (check lists, templates ... call them what you will) on solid ground, and then building from there (that is, adding others as the PM programme progresses). I always used to like writing up each PMP when actually visiting each piece of kit - but they were generally all based on a couple of foundation PMPs.

Either way, remember that the great Albert Einstein taught us to:- (and I'm paraphrasing here, of course) "Make it simple, but not too simple"!

Perhaps one day we will at last have a universally acclaimed "definitive" set of generic PM procedures covering every piece of equipment we're likely to encounter.

Meanwhile, don't forget that many (although I have no idea exactly how many) biomeds may have spent hundreds of happy hours developing "test templates" that interface with proprietary test equipment (I'm referring here to stuff like Ansur, vPad and even the Good Old medTester) ... so perhaps consideration needs to be given to interfacing with those efforts as well.

Happy Birthday, by the way (also Empire Day - Queens Victoria's birthday).

* I hope you appreciated these "new-speak" choices.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.