Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tailzer Offline OP
Visionary
OP Offline
Visionary
Hello,
We have had trouble in the past with the short extension leads connected to hoists(especially the Liko Golvo's). These leads are not normally double insulated and are potentially dangerous if/when they wear through, also if you dont use the extension lead we have found that the end of the main lead snaps off leaving exposed mains connections.

As a result we have sort out an alternative, and RS components have supplied a suitable alternative.
The Lead is a male to female figure 8 with a cord length of about 1ft. The part no is QNRS143980 and is priced at £2.80 for quantities less than 250.
If people wish to order this part they need to contact the outsourcing division direct as the main RS number will not recognise the above part no. To order please telephone 01536 209146 or
fax 01536 405411 quoting quantity, part no, hospital details and contact
details.

RS have emailed me a picture if anyone wishes to see the lead.

Regards
Gary smile
MEMS Medical Electronics Basildon Hospital

Expert
Expert
Hi Gary,

Oh how I can relate to that problem. I was looking possibly at changing the 13 amp plug to a continental type and a female continental to 13 amp plug at the other end, the same as they do for some of the beds, but your idea sounds much better.

Thanks, I'll speak to RS.

Paul.

Hi

Yes, please do contact RS - we're here to help! I was responsible for setting the product up as a "special" with our outsourcing department. The double insulated version of the C7-C8 cordset which we can source for you is fully CE compliant and ENEC approved, and it should overcome the problems that you encounter with the original figure of 8 singly insulated versions wupplied with the Liko hoists.

As Gary says, you'll need to call our Outsource department as the product is not classed as a "catalogue" item.
As a reminder, the part no is QNRS143980 and is priced at £2.80 for quantities less than 250.
To order please telephone 01536 209146 or
fax 01536 405411 quoting quantity, part no, hospital details and contact
details.

Thanks and best regards
Dave Collier
Product Manager
RS Components

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020