Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Master
OP Offline
Master
Welch Allyn are completing PPQ forms related to product, at question 5 they are claiming 'full circuit diagrams'

However, having purchased the product, they are now refusing to supply such details. I have explained to them that the PPQ form forms part of the purchasing contract under the Sale of Goods Act. Also, that the purchase was authorised based upon the PPQ replies.

They have reneged on their claims, now found to be false of course. They have offered money back, must think we are school children who just give things back, if it were so easy.

This is the National Health Service, they are an International Company, one would expect them to be more professional and not make false claims in order to get an order. Very cheap and tacky in my opinion.

Surely one of you guys has recently or otherwise purchased a Solarc Light Source from them, I can't be the only one in the UK. So has anyone purchased this device and had the same poor response from them?

Remember, be careful if considering purchasing from this company as they are now amending all of their PPQ's to reflect non-availability of any circuit diagrams.

I am now informing PASA and the MHRA of a false claim, also considering our Complaints and Litigation Solicitors.

Jim Gavin
Expert
Expert
A number of years ago Welch Allyn gave me a CD with a lot of their product service details on it. Among them is the Solarc 49051 light source including a simple circuit diagram. The CD part No. is 900298-7, I have revision B, July 2004. It is called a TechView CD.

Master
Master
Jim
Just take the money and give them back the goods. It seems as if they are trying it on. If they can get away with it with one, they will try it on with the rest of us.
I have a few of these CDs as well. But how do we know, they are still current.
Graham

Dreamer
Dreamer
On their website you can request a CD:
http://www.welchallyn.com/medical/support/tech/cd.asp

Their website also has a lot of troubleshooting manuals (with parts)for most of their range.
http://www.welchallyn.com/medical/support/tech/troubleshoot/index.asp

And the manual for your Solarc is here:
http://www.welchallyn.com/medical/support/tech/troubleshoot/pdf/solarc495xx.pdf

In the Solarc pdf file it states the part number for the service manual 495621.

Visionary
Visionary
Hi Jim

I can only offer my apologies once again.

We have been very open to admit that where was an error on the PPQ that you have received. When this PPQ was completed there was a misinterpretation that the wiring diagram which is included in the service manual for this product, constituted a "Full Circuit Diagram". We are in full agreement that this is not the case, as it only shows how the major components (Lamp, Ballast and power supply) are interconnected, but does not included circuit diagrams for the ballast or power supply circuit boards.

Welch Allyn accept that your purchasing decision was made in part on the information contained in this document, so, if in the light of the revised PPQ you would have chosen not to purchase the Solarc, then we would be willing to offer you a full refund to allow you to purchase a light source from an alternative supplier.

On the particular subject of the completion of question 5 "Full Circuit Diagram", I can confirm again we had made these changes to all our PPQ's on the 5th March 2007 and our reasons for this was that many pieces of medical equipment these days have OEM supplied components such as SpO2. For legal and practical reasons Welch Allyn may not be in a position to publish circuit diagrams.

Welch Allyn has a large range of products requiring PPQs and our PPQ documentation is continuously under review. We do our very best to keep them all up to date with all the many changes that are going on. In this case we sent you a not updated PPQ in error and apologise for this mistake and are willing to offer a full refund.

Jonathan Pope
Medical Systems Engineer
Welch Allyn UK
Master
OP Offline
Master
Thank you guys for the time put into your replies.

For the future with this company, 'no ticket - no shirt'.

No circuit - no order'

'For legal and practical reasons...' Legally bound to claims made on PPQ forms, practical reasons - not practical at all, just total nonsense.

I rest my case and shop elsewhere from now on.

Jim

Jim Gavin

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Darby, daisizhou, 1 invisible), 334 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,704
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020