Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Adept
OP Offline
Adept
I would be interested in knowing what has been the experience of the members of the forum on using different Medical Equipment Maintenance Management Softwares. We had our own experience on AssetPlus from GE and I know there is HECS from ECRI which is also popular in this part of the region. I would like to know if there are other systems available that allow greater user flexibility.

Super Hero
Super Hero
There has been a lot of discussion on this forum about this interesting issue, falconeye. These have sometimes been focused on specific packages, and the site itself is sponsored by a well-known company in the UK.

Personally, my advice remains as it has always been, that if you want your system to do exactly what you want, and indeed require "greater user flexibility", then you have to either code it yourself or have it done by someone else under your close control. smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Adept
OP Offline
Adept
Thanks for directing me to the interesting discussion carried out already on this topic. I tried, in vain, searching for threads on this topic this morning, hence my post. In many ways you echo my thoughts of "home grown solutions". I value and respect your opinions. We are currently doing an in-house pilot project on medical equipment pricing / budgeting using Microsoft Access, and we hope this will be a "rewarding" (to use your words) experience.

Master
Master
Kwahar,
There are many packages and the Barts and the London Hospital have carried out the evaluations years ago. I can ask them if you tell me what are your criteria for purchase.
Thanks
Paul

ERRATIC MEANS STATIC SO BE ERRATIC AND NOT STATIC
WE ARE ALL IN THE NHS AND THIS IS
"ERRATIC AND STATIC"
Adept
OP Offline
Adept
We are not actively looking to buy a package currently. The post was put up for general discussion because as far as my understanding is concerned there is no such thing as a perfect package. I do largely endorse Geoff's views on this subject, after going through the discussions from past strings, that it has to be a "home grown" solution. However, I would be very interested to know what Bart and The London had to say on their evaluations. I would be interested in Package which can be tailored to the institution and the users have a control over the system instead of the other way around.

Savant
Savant
Falconeye,

We are also using a "home grown" solution using MS Access. The medical devices database is based upon a standard template of MSAccess called Asset Tracking. This is a sample database Microsoft developed to show the possibilities for asset management using Microsoft Access. The database has been modified and expanded to suit the needs of our hospital.
We are looking into porting the whole thing to SQL.

Super Hero
Super Hero
That's more like it, Alan! Did you see this thread? smile

Adept
OP Offline
Adept
Alan,

I hope to meet you and see your Asset Inventory in action when I come down to Oasis one day. Actually, I did visit Oasis in June this year and was pleased to meet some of the folks working there.

Savant
Savant
@ Geoff,

Thanks for pointing the thread out. good stuff in there. I'll see if the code will run in our version of MS Access. I've noticed also that the database does change size.

We are looking into shifting everything to SQL as we were reminded by our IT Department that Access becomes "unreliable" upon reaching a certain number of records or data entries.

Am not very good in Access and worse in SQL so the coming months will be "interesting". grin

@ Falconeye,

Our program is simple and doesn't have that much bells and whistles but you're more than welcome to see it in operation on your next visit.

We would not have met last June as I was a new hire and June was the JCI visit. But am sure you've met my boss - the Director of FMS as he was involved with hospital planning.

Come by and visit us anytime you're in this neck of the desert.

Super Hero
Super Hero
As I've probably said before, the only reason that MS Access is so popular is that it comes bundled with MS Office. It becomes "unreliable" because of the compacting problem (as in needing to be). I hear, however, that this "feature" has been gotten around now.

But take my tip, Alan, and get hold of Visual FoxPro. It'll be the best move you've ever made. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020