Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Philosopher
Philosopher
I did think about writing a follow up taking the piss out of what you wrote Richard but I thought what the heck you did a good job yourself! grin

Originally Posted By: Mr R J Ling
Perhaps I should contact the MHRA and ask them to see what Moltech Power Systems standard conditions of sale are when selling-on or manufacturing the Inspired Energy range of batteries for medical applications, eh?

Go for it, knock yourself out I'd love to be a fly on the wall, but I think the conversation would go "Their the duck manufacture, their the same duck batteries for duck sake" Of course changing the word duck (we like ducks here) for some thing that sounds highly similar.

Perhaps you should do the same for Yaesu's, Panasonic's and Cyclons and RS since you can also buy these direct from the manufacturer.

M
Mr R J Ling
Unregistered
Mr R J Ling
Unregistered
M
Now, now, Chris don't go showing your mean, twisted character, to the world - you're getting all excited. Typing and words are easy - it's only a forum, not the real world. That's the thanks you get for sharing information and stuff, eh?

Do you think I'm really going to contact MHRA and Moltech and all that other stuff when I, personally speaking, don't even recommend use of 3rd party batteries? You're more than a fool than I thought (after about your 3rd posting).

By the way I'm off work today, was a bit bored and wasting a bit of time - see how much I can wind up the natives. The turkeys (or should I say ducks?) always seem to pop up from behind the tree. Gobble, Gobble!

On a more serious note personally I'd look at the condition of sale document if only because it contains warranty and other conditions related to returns and limitations of use.

That's just sensible in any business transaction - just in case you do have a faulty batch and you need to argue your case for a replacement.

Huw Offline
Hero
Hero
ok guys - all friends here.

Philosopher
Philosopher
So your really thought it was a good idea to suguest ringing the MHRA and complain about Philips manufacturer of their batteries selling them for medical applications!

M
Mr R J Ling
Unregistered
Mr R J Ling
Unregistered
M
Have you read the extract of the US conditions of sale document, for the Inspired Energy packs, that I posted? That company manufactures the packs that you're talking about as far as I'm aware. It states that they cannot be used without authorisation in medical devices. If they are it states you as the purchaser are "in the sh*t" if anything goes wrong. Read the small print.

The conditions of sale may be the same for the company in the EU, maybe not, is all I'm saying. My point is that if they're not allowed to be sold for medical devices in the USA without authorisation then someone somewhere must have some authorisation to sell the same batteries (as you keep reiterating) for medical applications in the EU - since Moltech Power are selling this range of packs in the UK.

I don't care whether Moltech Power say they have done or currently do manufacture for Philips or not - that's between Philips and Moltech/Inspired Energy and heresay. I'm talking about the ass-covering paperwork so that you can justify their use "according to the book". Fewer risks, fewer comebacks, to purchaser, i.e. You.

Logically consider this - manuacturer tells purchasers in one country they can't put batteries in medical devices. In another country they're selling what they insist are the same packs, telling everybody they are intended for medical use. Is this actually the case? Why don't you find out?

Do us all a favour.

1) Are the packs you're purchasing manufactured in the UK or USA?
2) Can you obtain a copy of the UK conditions of sale?
3) Can you obtain a written statement that the batteries are the same in the UK or USA and are the same as the OEM manufacturers?
4) Do Philips recommend the use of these batteries?

It isn't unreasonable for a potential or existing customer to ask the question why, without special authorisation from the battery manufacturer, can we fit the same batteries to medical devices in the UK but not in the USA?

Philosopher
Philosopher
Originally Posted By: Mr R J Ling
3) Can you obtain a written statement that the batteries are the same in the UK or USA and are the same as the OEM manufacturers?
That I can't tell you since as mentioned above our Moltech batteries in the end came from Philips. If you notice above I mentioned it's only GE that come with their own labels.
Quote:
4) Do Philips recommend the use of these batteries?
I sincerely hope so since otherwise Philips has sold us a battery for use in their monitors that they themselves don't recommend!

Quote:
It isn't unreasonable for a potential or existing customer to ask the question why, without special authorisation from the battery manufacturer, can we fit the same batteries to medical devices in the UK but not in the USA?
Moltech the manufactures are selling these for use in these units, how much more authorisation do you need!

Novice
OP Offline
Novice
Whoa guys!
There's obviously a lot of strongly held views here on both sides.
Talk about un-canning a tin of worms.....

I've presently got a sample of the Medgraphics battery sitting here on my bench which I intend to subject to a rigourous "caning". The Philips/Agilent spec is fairly clear about what the battery must be capable of, so let's find out if it meets the spec. I'll report my findings here.

Super Hero
Super Hero
Yeah, I bet you didn't expect the thread to run onto eight pages when you first posted, eh, Steve? smile

Now we're looking forward to your report!

Meanwhile, here is a link to Medgraphics.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 414 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,064
Posts73,741
Members10,180
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020