Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#17913 24/10/06 9:28 AM
zymurgy Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm looking for permanent employment in Australia so if there's anyone within this community that has any info regarding the potential Biomed job market in Australia for UK residents could they either reply here or PM please?

Thanks!

zymurgy Offline OP
OP Offline
So there's no Biomed jobs going in Oz then? C'mon, surely there must be somebody out there with info on this? Please prove me right........

Master
Master
Hi,
There are few members from Australia.Check the pofiles.contact them directly, if they like they may help you.
Good luck
Sajeev

I'm the Secretary/Treasurer of the Society for Medical and Biological Engineering of New South Wales. SMBE(NSW). Biomedical positions do come up regularly, particularly in Queensland.
If you email me with some brief experience and personal details I can forward them onto our members who may know of a current position. Also check our web site, www.smbensw.org.au as it advertises the occassional position.
I'm not familiar with our work visa or permanent resident situation, it would be best to talk to our embassy in Britain or check their web site.
Steve

// edited to correct url //

zymurgy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Sajeev & SteveMack.

Recently was offered a job in Sydney !
Whatever info I have - your welcome to it !
Email me !

Chris

Master
Master

Scholar
Scholar
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any contacts in EBME/Biomedical Depts in OZ that I could contact and forward my C.V?

Kind Regards

Dom

Scholar
Scholar
Look at a website called SEEK.COM.AU and / or CAREERONE.COM.AU - A large biomed company here , www.chemtronics.com.au , are always looking for people ( so I am told ) . I moved here 18 months ago , it was not possible for me to get employment with a state institution due to them not wanting to go through the visa application , however I setup a few appintmnets with private companies , jumped on a plane , got 3 offers , move 11 months later . It was pretty straight forward , quite painless in fact

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: GeorgeK
Look at a website called SEEK.COM.AU and / or CAREERONE.COM.AU - A large biomed company here , www.chemtronics.com.au , are always looking for people ( so I am told ) . I moved here 18 months ago , it was not possible for me to get employment with a state institution due to them not wanting to go through the visa application , however I setup a few appintmnets with private companies , jumped on a plane , got 3 offers , move 11 months later . It was pretty straight forward , quite painless in fact

You didn't say which Visa you got mate and how you went about it. I can see that being an issue for some.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
5 members (daisizhou, Stargolf, Geoff Hannis, mosfet1996, 1 invisible), 509 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020