Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sav Offline OP
Dreamer
OP Offline
Dreamer
Has anyone got the following "hybrid" setup in their Theatres:-

Drager Anaesthetic machine(Fabius) and Datex (S/5)monitoring????

Does it work ?????

Failure to Prepare is to Prepare for Failure
Master
Master
If this combination is being considered, I would strongly recommend that you get statements from both suppliers to the effect that they are both comppaible with one another. they may well be ok, but better to get some insurance.

Super Hero
Super Hero
Short of scaring the wits out of the guy (?), can anyone give any technical reason why they should not work well together? Surely they are not that interactive (are they)?

Meanwhile, when you said "insurance" there, Graham, did you mean Life Insurance, or CYA? smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
TWS Offline
We use a Draeger Primus, with an S5AM, (without the compact gas module) - great result - best of both worlds - no problems.

Hero
Hero
A simple but important question: Is there a bracket available for fitting the two together? Or does each company expect you to use their anaesthetic machine/monitor combination? So only make the appropriate bracket for their system.
With PCX being almost universal the answer is: It probably exists, but make sure you can source it.
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Dreamer
Dreamer
I think you should contact the draeger people before you set up any hybrid system.It was reported that there were several cases involved in which the anaesthesia machine tipped when a third party monitors or other monitoring accessories were used in the anaesthesia machine.Check the availability of compatible brackets with the anaesthesia machine before a hybrid system is used.

KM Offline
Philosopher
Philosopher
Tippng is a problem.
We had a case a few years ago whereby one maker of a host machine to anothers monitor turned round and said that when they quality tested their machine they did it with their kit.
Therfore the centre of gravity was checked (they actually had a formula and results).
The other thing is electrical safety, fit a monitor to an anaesthetic machine and you create a system, make sure you check it as such.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 655 guests, and 505 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020