Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ado Offline OP
OP Offline
Had 350 huntleigh enterprise 8000 electric profiling beds deliverd last may. We subsequently found out there was a production fault with the cotside. The beds have been dropping out of service at a phenominal rate and huntleigh are unable to sustain the rate of breakdowns with the provision of spare parts. Though all the units are under warranty no spares means bed out of action. Anyone had any similar experiences? We are having a problem on the whole with sourcing spare parts for any devices manuafactured by the new huntleigh group!

BK Offline
Savant
Savant
We only bought 8 of '8000' series but half of them developed cotside problems within a couple of months. Reported problem to MHRA as I felt it was a design fault. Hunleigh promptly modified the wiring and they have been ok since.

Novice
Novice
Huntleigh do seem to be on the "slow" side in completing spare part orders since the recent buy out by Gettinge. Gettinge currently owning Pegasus and Arjo... nice portfolio.

Parts are now currently made in Poland and then shipped to a central Warehouse in Holland.

SO rather than ordering direct from Wednesbury, you now order from Luton, who then order from holland, who if they dont have any stock order from poland.

We have several crucial items outstanding, but hope to see them in the very near future.

Philosopher
Philosopher
It also appears that Huntleigh are rationilising there product range.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.
Adept
Adept
We've around 500 Huntleigh profiling beds. Mainly 880's, 460's. and derivatives or the Contoura range. Reliability has been reasonable apart from the fact that they forget what position they are in if jolted and need someone to re-set the position calibration. Easy to do but still needs a technician. Spares provision has, at times, been a problem but seems to have improved recently. To be fair the local engineer and rep are very helpful but seem to be frustrated by the on-going reorganisation of production. We have outstanding orders for beds going back to November 2007. The last batch delivered a few weeks ago were so badly damaged in transit to us that we would not accept delivery. We need to buy more but the Contura range has beeen discontinued. We have the Enterprise on trial at the moment and would be interested in others experiences of this.
Graham

We have also had problems regarding both equipment and spares delivery across Huntleigh's range of products (although the problems seem worse with bedframes and alternating dynamics). I have brought this up with National Procurement in Scotland, but I'm not sure how much pressure they can apply to the company regarding this. I had asked for clarification from Huntleigh recently and although we now seem to be getting slightly improved delivery times I have received no formal response to my request. I was informed that the company would be contacting all customers in light of the relocation of distribution and production to continental Europe, but we've heard nothing. I'd be interested to hear if anyone out there has had any formal response from Huntleigh. I intend to keep pressing them for answers and I'll post any response if I get one, although I won't be holding my breath.

Regards

Scott

Novice
Novice
We have very similar amounts with mainly the Contoura 480.

We have recently purchased 28 of the Enterprise 5000 bed. Very easy to work on, although we havent any major failures with them, just toothing issues with different hand set controls.

Otherwise no major technical issues.

There are however 2 variants we have trialed. The "B" - head board mounted to the base frame, and the "D" with head board mount in the usual place on the deck.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (daisizhou, Geoff Hannis, Neoteny), 482 guests, and 532 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,708
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020