Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero
Originally Posted By: John Sandham
Why don't more manufacturers use this simple solution?

Simple, John ... because no-one forces them to! If manufacturers are the only ones "allowed" to "modify" equipment, then somehow this issue has to be raised with them.

I've often wondered if any of the manufacturers ever take a look at what goes on at this forum (any one reading this?). But somehow I doubt it. But if they do, let's hope we hear from them soon. smile

Last edited by Geoff Hannis; 25/02/08 10:46 PM. Reason: ...

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hero
Hero
Geoff, I can assure you that they do take notice of this forum. They understand the importance of having the EBME community on their side.

I speak to our website sponsors on a regular basis, and although they do not often post, they do keep a close eye on our comments. smile I think that some messages get through and changes are made, but maybe not as fast as we would like.

Be Proactive and reactive.
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero
Well that’s good news, then, John. Seeing that we all seem agreed (more or less) that the issues revolving around IEC mains cables need to be addressed, I’m sure we’ll all be looking forward to some elegant resolutions from the manufacturers soon! smile

Adept
Adept
This is the best solution that I have come across from the perspective of simplicity and reliability;

www.lindy.co.uk/shop/showProductDetail.do?orderNumber=30138&source=search

It is even quite effective against the 'determined' nurse!

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero
Interesting, Paul. Defeats the much-trumpeted break-away "feature" of the standard IEC connection though, doesn't it (not that I'm a great fan of that)! Notice that they fit a 5 A fuse (we would prefer 10 A, would we not). But could these indeed be "the answer"? And the price looks OK. Has anyone tried them yet? smile

Adept
Adept
Geoff,
We only have a couple in use (and these are on devices with the IEC inlet on the underside of equipment, and therefore vulnerable to gravity when moved about). Not really an objective assessment of suitability in the areas that cause us the most problems - though it is nonetheless a very neat solution.
What is really needed is a 'field trial' on some mobile equipment library equipment, but we hav'nt got this justified yet

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero
Sounds like a useful topic for discussion at the infamous "Blackpool Forum" to me, then, Paul! smile

Master
Master
How about just making all the cables the same with the same fuse and everything. You can then label them all up and dump them in a box just inside their equipment cupboards.

Because thats what they have always done and always will unless they are locked on to the equipment like the Graseby 500's and even they were sometimes removed by the sprint fom the bed with it still plugged in.

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero
Hey, Billy ... you've really "got one on ye" this morning, Mate!

Anyway, we've had the discussion about fuse ratings before, and the Elders decided that 10 A for all standard IEC leads was the way to go (haven't you been paying attention, either?).

Also, if you don't like the idea of nurses squirreling away "spare" cables, why not simply take them away when you find them? Of (if you prefer), just cut the plugs off? smile

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Has anyone tried this one? think

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (Geoff Hannis, Joseph28, joebrde, Adrian Jones), 437 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,064
Posts73,735
Members10,180
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020