Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Super Hero
Super Hero
As an aside, I believe that in Italy Engineers (that is, those with university degrees), are also entitled to use the salutation Doctor (...sure beats me)!

And what's wrong with humility anyway? I believe that the world would be a far better place if people were more ... er, humble!

Muhandis Geoff smile

Last edited by Geoff Hannis; 26/04/08 8:59 AM. Reason: Too many Eddie's

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Technologist
Technologist
Hi Eddie,

After having went through through the suggestions from fellow members, I can say I fully support Geoff's opinion; the most practical approach! wink

Basically I have the same sentiments as you too! But as to make sure that I am taking the right steps I did a lot of volunteer works over in a Cancer Hospital in Malaysia as well as in Loughborough Hospital before I am landed with my dream job; EBME technician. And what I did for my voluntary works have nothing to so with EBME but have directly contact with patients. grin

Basically, in my point of view, that is nothing wrong with the title of technician as the main objective is to indirectly help the needy to relieve their pain as we are not a physician but an engineering graduate. In fact, over in NHS, typical they will use the term Clinical Technologist which sound much better, but so what??? Their job also the same as a tech!!! Title basically means nothing to me!!! Importantly he or she needs to act corresponding to his or her heart, then it will rarely goes wrong. whistle

Another that I would like to raise up which I suppose you are yet to be aware of, do you know that over in America, in order to study medicine, the student needs to have a bachelor degree of any field; based on my observation, usually the student will take biomedical engineering as his or her first degree before starting his or her medicine course. eek

What I am trying to say is that, it is never to late to start any course or study but would be are you willing to invest the time for it. smirk

Regards,

Lay Lay
grinboggletiredsleep
OP Offline
LayLay! For sure I would spend the rest of my life doing something I really want and need to do," Do what you love for a living, and you will never work another day in your life". Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans. Aim high in hope and work. Remembering that a noble diagram once recorded will not die. Keep it this way, I should DO what am good at. Also, I do agree with you on a way that it might not be that late to start something new. Ok! It's like, Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be, it takes twenty years of hard work to be an overnight success. What my brain can conceive and my heart believe I could achieve. All great! Its all about the first right step at the right place. I have got the enthusiasm but confused.

When, Eddie just mentioned few big names such as GE, siemens …etc! Well! The fact that, I did already. I applied many times, many of those companies but came out hopeless. I remembered once, at the end of the interview; I was told by an interviewer that possibility to hire an engineer with minimal experience who spent sometime at army doing something not related to engineering would be a very hard choice to consider. That has put me off and led me re-consider the whole thing. Well, sorry I didn't choose army, simply they chose me, and I was happy to be a part of a team that protect, build, construct aid and help others I guess it's an honor. Don’t want to be out of the subject!!.

Now, I totally agree about Geoff and LayLay opinions regard the most practical approach. Again, I need to know where am heading first. Without goals, and right plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination. At the end of the day, anything that is wasted effort represents wasted time. The best management of out time thus become linked inseparably with the best utilization of our efforts. Once I spot the right direction that would be it. I would even welcome the challenge and struggle by all cost for, the struggle of the male to learn to listen and respect his own intuitive, inner prompting is the greatest challenge of all. His conditioning has been so powerful that it has all but destroyed his ability to be self-ware. I hope I do make sense!

And Geoff there's nothing wrong being a humble, absolutely! "Try not become a man of success but rather a man of value. Being humble is a value.

I appreciate all your comments. It certainly open my eyes and broaden my knowledge horizon. Thank you all!

OP Offline

Talking medical physics! What you think of it? It combines engineering, science, and medicine all together. Medical physics is pioneering the radiation oncology of the future and transforming scientific advances in the research lab to improve the quality of life for patients. I guess, such career could lead me to be perhaps radiologist?!!! What do you think? I much respect and appreciate your valuable advices and opinions.

Thank you

Technologist
Technologist
Well, well!!! wink That's what I intend to do so once I managed to become a UK permanent resident! wink But at the mean time I'll also self learning on medical physics as to be ready for it after may be 5 - 6 years down the road?? Who knows right? grin

Since now I am already working in my desired job, I'll learn as well as probably 5-6 years later, I can propose a research on something new in medical equipment??? Or maybe become a radiologist??? Oh well, will see where fate (my intuition) lead me to!!!

Good luck in your new venture!!! wink

Regards,

Lay Lay
grinboggletiredsleep
Technologist
Technologist
Hi Eeddie,
Sorry for taking such a long time to reply to you! wink I found a site on Medical Physics Postgraduate programme of University of Malaya; UM Medical Physics

Please ignore prerequisite of that programme; except the english requirement. I've just received a reply from a Professor who is the head of medical physics in University of Malaysia Medical Centre (UMMC). He has confirmed that the requirement is not correct and in fact most of the students are from engineering background.

Please contact them to find out more information! Good luck!! wink

Regards,

Lay Lay
grinboggletiredsleep
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, Huw D, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020