Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Philosopher
Philosopher
Maybe the presentation you want to give is not quite the talk that IPEM are expecting John.

Are they after a talk that will convince Consultants not to buy items of equipment because of the lunch they have been taken to, or other inducements? Do IPEM want to reduce the good will that a pack of doughnuts can produce? Are they worried about back handers being given for arranging service contracts? Or about all those dirty old men lurking in basements?

Sorry John but I plead guilty to accepting the Doughnuts.

Lee

Don't forget "we've never had it so good".
Lee S #31901 15/07/08 12:58 PM
Expert
Expert
We have been instructed that should we accept any form of gratification, we will have it instantly added to our personnel (personal) record.

Needless to say, we always hide any doughnuts or biscuits wink

Philosopher
Philosopher
Hi all

Instead of dragging the whole profession into the gutter (Whether looking up at the stars or looking up girls dresses), why not just agree on a minimum basic standard addressing say working environment, practice etc.

My reason for this post is that one of our local hire techs here in KSA has just read this thread and asked me is the NHS really that "sleazy"? I had to try and explain that its just a few decent guy "blowing off some steam". I hope I am right! rolleyes

Eddie

Master
Master
This topic has opened a real can of worms from some sleazy Hell hole.

Last edited by JohnBhoy; 15/07/08 2:44 PM.

It is better to be reactive than radioactive...
Philosopher
Philosopher
Eddie,

You are just going to have to explain the bizarre British sense of humour.

Lee

Don't forget "we've never had it so good".
Expert
Expert
The title of the presentation you have been given by IPEM John is " avoiding sleaze in the workplace".

I agree with many, the title is bizzare and suggests this is commonplace, nothing could be further from the truth.

We all know clearly that sleaze anywhere should be cut out not simply avoided for goodness sake, for IPEM to give you this title in the first place we think is questionable in the least.

It is unfair that you have been asked to do this actually John, champion the anti sleaze brigade, wax lyrical on the ethics of sleaze and presumably recommend remedial action, who knows ?

I think John you have been asked to deliver a lecture on a subject that in all honesty you may be able to say little or nothing about meaningfully.

Some said that this is hardly a first for IPEM.

I would if I where you request a change of title, one not so controvertial, more positive and beneficial and one that reflects your many areas of real expertise.

Darren

Philosopher
Philosopher
Wow Darren, well said!

Hi Lee

I'm still trying to explain to them "The machine that goes ping" scenario!

Ed

Last edited by Eddie; 15/07/08 4:04 PM. Reason: Trouble posting???
Philosopher
Philosopher
Originally Posted By: Darren Magee
It is unfair that you have been asked to do this actually John, champion the anti sleaze brigade, wax lyrical on the ethics of sleaze and presumably recommend remedial action, who knows ?
OMG John you've become IPEM's Mary Whitehouse let's just hope you don't have to have a pink rinse and perm before delivering this lecture! grin

Quote:
I think John you have been asked to deliver a lecture on a subject that in all honesty you may be able to say little or nothing about meaningfully.

Some said that this is hardly a first for IPEM.

Have you seen the rest of the programme then? A few of the other lectures have been given similar silly titles. Just can't take it serious when it's laid out like that.

Quote:
I would if I where you request a change of title, one not so controvertial, more positive and beneficial and one that reflects your many areas of real expertise.

Can't the IET run it next year, I'm sure we wouldn't see this silly stuff with them and perhaps you would have been given a better title!

Philosopher
Philosopher
Maybe ask IPEM what colour is John's hair? Don't be surprised if your answer is 720nm!

Ed

Hero
OP Offline
Hero
Does that mean that I'm ginger or grey? wink

I have not taken the title at all seriously - My first slide is of Barbara Windsor (in her early carry on days) on a doctors couch looking very sleazy!

I have tried to take the title in a light hearted way, but concentrated the content on delivering improved services and how to get the facility, resources, staff... to do a good job.

Geoff might be able to cope with a 800 bed hospital on his own, but i would need some help. smile

Be Proactive and reactive.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020