Page 1 of 2 1 2
#33932 25/09/08 10:04 PM
Huw Online Content OP
Hero
OP Online Content
Hero
Did you see these guys (girls) ?

Quote:
Motorway police have had to deal with two women spotted walking down the central reservation of the M6. The women, twin sisters from Sweden, ran in front of oncoming traffic after wrestling with the police.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7636577.stm

Huw #33933 25/09/08 10:06 PM
Master
Master
That was unreal. I had to watch it 3 times for it to sink in - they must of been on drugs.

It is better to be reactive than radioactive...
Super Hero
Super Hero
Waste of taxpayers' money ... why weren't firearms used (as they are - almost too readily - in other life-threatening situations)? Or at least cuffs? Was there any news follow-up to this? Were they high (must have been)? If dross have a death-wish, let them fulfill it without taking others with them! The only sympathy I have is with the truck driver and car owner. frown

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Sage
Sage
That must be a crazy thing for these women to do - endangering their own lives and also others. But look at the might they have.

You're right those taxpayers' money were being used for such irresponsible act.

Make the impossible POSSIBLE. I know we all can and it is the wisdom to distinguish one from the other.

My blog: http://biomedicalengineeringconsultancy.blogspot.sg/

Roger #33943 26/09/08 9:14 AM
Mentor
Mentor
When that happened I discovered the reason Sky+ was invented. I couldn't believe my eyes! How the second one got up and was running around after causing that much damage to the car is beyond me. It was edge of the seat tv.

It's on the iplayer for those of you that missed it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dmt5w/

Super Hero
Super Hero
In my (old fashioned) opinion, it's a sad indictment on the current state of play in our wonderful over-crowded island Kingdom why sh*te like this becomes entertainment.

There are far too many nutters at large. That is, people drifting around out of their tiny minds. Drugs, alcohol ... whatever. Just go out onto the streets at any time of day (or night) and tell me I'm wrong.

Meanwhile, I heard yesterday that recorded road deaths in the UK were the lowest last year since records began. Under 3,000 ... but that's still far too many (but perhaps we now have some more clues as to why).

But ... I just can't believe this. Surely it must be "spin"? With the number of vehicles on the roads today, compared with, say 1930? And what about all those "single vehicle accidents" (young nutters "colliding with trees" etc)? frown

Last edited by Geoff Hannis; 26/09/08 10:38 AM. Reason: Added the link

Master
Master
Don't these idiots think before they do something as stupid as this. I'd lock them up and throw away the key but I'd end up as a taxpayer, paying for their keep! the M6 is an extremely busy motorway at the best of times. Think of that poor lorry driver that hit one of them. At least he'll have lots of witnesses to say it wasn't his fault.

Super Hero
Super Hero
Idiots don't think ... especially when they're stoned out of their squirrel-sized minds! frown

How come they were in the central reservation in the first place? How did they get there? Where did they come from (where are they now)?

Expert
Expert
Disgusting! - They should be deported back to Sweden and be heavily fined (or charged the actual cost) for both the police's and the NHS's time and expense.

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide 'til it goes away.
Sage
Sage
There must be reasons behind these stupid acts. Be patient, let the police do the taking!

Make the impossible POSSIBLE. I know we all can and it is the wisdom to distinguish one from the other.

My blog: http://biomedicalengineeringconsultancy.blogspot.sg/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
6 members (Yousri, carl ray, Huw, daisizhou, mosfet1996, Hollie Owen), 416 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020