Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Roger Offline OP
Sage
OP Offline
Sage
Do you know of a test tool that can verify the performance of an eye scanner. Pls share your experience.

Regards

Make the impossible POSSIBLE. I know we all can and it is the wisdom to distinguish one from the other.

My blog: http://biomedicalengineeringconsultancy.blogspot.sg/

Expert
Expert
Hi Roger,

That is an interesting question! For opthalmic A scanners, you can use a test cylinder that produces an echo at a known distance, and check that the scanner measuring 'calipers' gives the same distance reading.

For B scanners, I guess ideally you would have some sort of phantom, containing targets to check the penetration and resolution etc of the probe/scanner. These phantoms are available for abdominal/obstetric etc scanners, but I don't know if anyone makes them for opthalmic scanners.

Roger Offline OP
Sage
OP Offline
Sage
Oh thanks Tony!

BTW is the test cylinder a standard test object available in the market. I try the Alcon test object onto another manufacturer but it doesn't seem to fall into the acceptable range of measurement.

Regards

Make the impossible POSSIBLE. I know we all can and it is the wisdom to distinguish one from the other.

My blog: http://biomedicalengineeringconsultancy.blogspot.sg/

Expert
Expert
Hi Roger,

The test cylinder I have used came from Sonomed, who manufacture Ophthalmic A and B scanners.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Malcolm, JohnBad, Huw), 89 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Neilsonc, Fran2612, Daniela Renée, markwestby, dzeb
9,981 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,864
Posts72,878
Members9,981
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020