Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Master
Master
As I always say you can dress them up but if they know cock all whats the use of them. Just like we have here!!

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

I assume you're referring to the casually dressed young medical students, there, Billy ... and not the biomed techs!

Dress them up? Dress them down more like! smile

You can usually make them out easily enough, though. They are the ones with semi-earnest expressions fixed on their faces, often found tottering about with folders clutched firmly to their er, breasts and stethoscopes dangling around their necks. And usually oblivious to what's going on around them, as they march (OK, sometimes they waddle) off to the canteen with some sort of "mobile device" pressed against their ear.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Master
Master
In Scotland, there has been a directive that those with patient contact do not wear ties (because they never get washed). I'd heard that our hospital is going over various colours of "blues" for the nurses, based on Sister/SN etc.
We don't wear ties anymore, but I still expect my staff to wear clean shirts, trousers and shoes.

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

In my experience, the best way around all this is to have the biomeds issued with a uniform, including footwear, and to provide laundry facilities on site (and that includes ironing)! smile

Once again, it's hardly Rocket Science, is it?

Hero
Hero
You should try visiting here, there are people who don't wash their shirts (uniform) for days, and in this heat (phew!!!)deodarents are a luxury for these people.

Last edited by Neil Porter; 04/08/09 10:50 AM.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

There's nothing wrong with the taste of honest labour!

And isn't there some noble notion "out there" about paying the worker before the sweat on his forehead dries?

What's wrong with human odours ... it's the stuff of life?

It's only "conditioning" (that is, advertising) that has made people (in the West) ashamed of their own bodies, and goaded them into spending thousands each year on unnecessary frivolities like so-called "deodorants", tooth-paste and all the rest!

Personally, I avoid people who have been heavy-handed with "personal product" aerosols ... they usually make me sneeze, gag, retch ... or worse! Give me WD-40 any day!

The General Public are not known as the "Great Unwashed" for nothing, you now! smile

Philosopher
Philosopher
Sorry, but there is nothing worse than a bad case of BO along with Halitosis!!!!
If someone can't be bothered to make a bit of effort with having a shower everyday then frankly they are either totally lazy or French!!??

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

I hear what you're saying there, Kawa! But not everywhere in the world has access to water in abundance, remember.

And about the French ... what can I say but aucun commentaire! smile

PS: what about leg ulcers?

Hero
Hero
No! they have a shower, but they put on yesterdays clothes, that's the problem. Enough BO to knock a plane out of the sky, honest labour I have no truck with, when a salesman with AC in his car turns up smelling like rotten eggs I draw the line.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

Hydrogen Sulphide? smile

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 346 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz, trat, Mitul Patel
10,178 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,061
Posts73,725
Members10,178
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020