Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sage
Sage
I have googled who I think Mr ETDW is and found the following Linkedin entry. I have blanked out his name.

View full profile | Contact E***** W*****. Currently: Owner at DuoMed Ltd. Past: Head of Clinical Engineering & Medical Physics at The Whittington Hospital ...

Super Hero
Super Hero

DuoMed? Surgical stockings?

If a guy wishes to remain anonymous on the forum, and use instead a noms de guerre, that's his privilege, eh Bioman? And, of course, it's somewhat of a tradition to use a "handle" on (in) internet forums. But don't forget that Huw knows who everyone is.

However, the Profile page is available as a place to flesh out the details, as it were.

It's just that when someone comes on here asking for assistance, then sometimes it's helpful to know whether the guy is an NHS staffer, a contractor trying to, shall we say, cut corners, a marketing exercise, someone trying to sell something, or a guy trying to get someone else to do the work he's being paid to do. By the way, in general, I regard the last mentioned to be the general case! frown

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Master
Master
Neil
I am not aware of any rules that state that tenders have to be generic but they must be fair. So you couldn't put out a tender stating that the badge on the table must spell Maquet, but you could put a tender out stating the the tables must have rechargeable batteries and be capable of have docking tops.
As this unknown person seems to want to do his own thing and not go via PASA he will also have to advertise in the European Journal as they are sure to be over £90k. This will guarantee that he will sift through mountains of tenders, from unknown suppliers. PASA will already have done this and it will save an awful lot of time to use PASA.

Hero
Hero
Not a problem if someone wants to pass on his/her work to others, as long as he/she is paying, but not with xmas cards.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Super Hero
Super Hero
Originally Posted By: Neil Porter
but not with xmas cards.

Especially not in Saudi Arabia.

Hero
Hero
Ha Ha! we do get them now, trees, decorations the lot.

Super Hero
Super Hero

Good thing I got out when I did, then, by the sound of it. frown

Hero
Hero
Back on Topic, if PASA do some of the 'leg work' then why are they not writing tender specs, excel format that can be altered to suit the different trusts needs, but then we come back to ID's too simple a solution!

ETDW Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello everybody.

Sorry to cause such a stir! Didn’t mean to offend! I thought if you double clicked my name (on the left), my details would come up. My mistake!

Yes, I am Eddie Whelan, late of the Whittington. I’m currently self employed (just like many others that use this site) and I'm on ‘Linkedin’ because it's a good place to get contracts through. Although, DuoMed Ltd is not the surgical stockings one!

As for PASA, framework, etc. they’re good for buying at a set price, but if you’re project is big enough, you are better off going down the European Tender route. Why pay a percentage to middlemen and fixed prices when you can save all those discounts for your own Trust.

As for:

Quote:
It's just that when someone comes on here asking for assistance, then sometimes it's helpful to know whether the guy is an NHS staffer, a contractor trying to, shall we say, cut corners, a marketing exercise, someone trying to sell something, or a guy trying to get someone else to do the work he's being paid to do.

I do the technical/ scientific side not the ‘actual procurement part’. I’m gathering all the data I can (for procurement) to be placed in the Tender process. As for being paid to or getting someone else to do this for me, this isn’t even part of my current remit! I mentioned in a Trust meeting that I would ask for help via the EBME website. On the EBME website in the old days, you could ask a question, and someone might have an answer or some form of help (be it files or general directions). I haven't used the site in some time, so I guess some things have changed.

I’m sorry if you’ve been bitten in the past by contractors, private companies, etc., but with regard to:

Quote:
By the way, in general, I regard the last mentioned to be the general case!

Please don’t judge people by your own standards!

And now (whether help is offered or not) I’m going to throw something new into the mix……………

When I’ve finished this process, I will do my best to ensure that all the generic templates I've used, copied or created will be placed on any website I can find to be freely available to all whom wants it!

Very kind regards,

Ed.................

Super Hero
Super Hero
Originally Posted By: Geoff Hannis
By the way, in general, I regard the last mentioned to be the general case!

That is the general case, believe me.

Your "details" (such as they are) do come up. May I suggest that it may be in your own interests to add er, a little more ... like a link to your website, for example.

And as for "judging people by your own standards". Myself, I don't judge anybody. What's the point, as they would never measure up! smile

Originally Posted By: ETDW
I haven't used the site in some time, so I guess some things have changed.

No, nothing (much) has changed. It's just that we're all a little older, and wiser, now.

We have seen people come, stay a while, and then move on. Others have been able to stick around, as it were, and in doing so have become more knowledgeable about "human nature", if nothing else (and as if we didn't already know).

As I may have mentioned before, some (many) people take, but never give. So we will all be looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labours, as you promise.

Meanwhile, help (advice etc.) is always freely granted to those in need.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020