DAS Offline OP
Mentor
OP Offline
Mentor

Never under-estimate the predictability of stupidity
DAS #41831 04/11/09 1:49 PM
Master
Master
Not much there Das. Just when into the pump category, assuming it was infusion pumps. Wrong! It had two portable suction units and a "very powerful pump" - looks like a spirometer calibration syringe to me!

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

At first glance I thought those people were the same gang that shift surplus (ex-military) clothing and all the rest. But now I'm not so sure.

Either way (and frankly), they don't seem to have much of a clue when it comes to used (ex-forces?) medical equipment, and (as can be seen) their offerings - extremely limited as they are - are over-priced.

So, now I'm thinking this must be yet another start-up venture by people imagining they can make a killing by flogging used medical equipment on-line. I wish them success, but would advise that quite a few have tried it, and most have yet to do particularly well!

Indeed, there are a number of sheds dotted around the UK with kit that hasn't moved much in years! Buying and selling used medical equipment is not a way to get rich quickly, believe me!

Anyone who thinks differently needs only to attend an auction at Hilditch to get a feel for "real world" prices of used medical equipment.

In my experience, the only people who make any sort of money at it are those who buy faulty (incomplete, etc.) equipment, repair it, then prepare it before re-offering it to the market. In a word (or two) ... "value added"! smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
7 members (mosfet1996, Geoff Hannis, Yousri, Neil Porter, carl ray, Huw, daisizhou), 514 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020