Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 39 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 38 39
Sage
Sage
I spent a few bob on them !!!

Super Hero
Super Hero

Casting my mind back, it seems that my own abiding memory of KHMC is that of the honour that was bestowed upon me of working on King Hussein's dental chair.

Although perhaps I should admit there was little I (or anyone else) could do without the necessary spare parts being to hand. In fact, I can't help but wonder whether they've yet arrived!

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hero
Hero
Did you have the old parts to exchange them with, if not then they are still pending.

Umish you seem to have a thing for Nick Brown, are you related or is Umish your alias and you are really Nick Brown?

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Umi Offline OP
Sage
OP Offline
Sage
No I have Brown eyes and Nick has Blue eyes.....

we are no relations but good comrades

But the award is clearly between you and nick.

So the Prize has to be worth Nick coming online, his hourly rate is phenomenal as you can imagine...

UMi-007

"WORK SMART NOT HARD !"
Sage
Sage
Surely mate your " piece de resistance " at KHMC was that 21 Channel Siemens Mingograph EEG Recorder with 16 Channels blocked, after they just Switched it Off and walked away some 3 months or so earlier.

Hero
Hero
Did they ever fix the lift doors?

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Super Hero
Super Hero

There have been a number of pièce de résistance over the years, Mate. But modesty forbids me from listing them here.

However, that does not, of course, prevent me from thanking you for your kindness, not only in remembering, but also in mentioning it here on the forum. smile

It's weird how these posts trigger off memories, though. Now I am reminded of yet another EEG unit, this time at the old Mental Hospital in Abha (not the most pleasant place to visit, by the way). Another success chalked up with ink-covered hands (mixed metaphors, or pathetic pun?)!

But anyway, all that (both cases) was a long time ago now, Mate.

Philosopher
Philosopher
Just reading your posts brought a misty eyed remider of my year and a half of "living dangerously" at KHMC, the bugers in the canteen could have been classified as WMD's . As I recall Nick Brown was on a mission to spend as little as possible, spending less than 5JD a week. I fully expected him to have reitred years ago. I've lost touch with all the guys who were there, but yesterday I saw someone in passing that I recognised unfortunately I didn't realise who it was until he'd gone. A guy called Paul Meek, I shared a flat with him in Amman. He used to work on the sterilisers. I often wonder what happened to the "class of '88/'89" Has anyone seen "Shaggy" around? Probably chilling out in the Phillpines I wouldn't be surpised.
As for Buck I used to work with him in Sheffield, but I don't remember him going to Jordan, unless he went there after 1989.

Happy days (for the most part)
p.s. does anybody remember the IAL song, based on "the god ship venus"?

Super Hero
Super Hero

As I have mentioned on here before, the grub at KHMC was so grim* that even I couldn't face it. I still have this vision of a couple of roughly butchered goat's knees (grey in colour) floating around in greasy, luke warm water (although the rice wasn't quite so bad). As I recall, only the "breakfast" was any good. Wasn't it a glass of hot milk, with a small round of toast and jam - or am I getting that mixed up with some other place (which is quite likely)? Tony can confirm that we used to survive through regular visits to the "coffee shops"!

Does anyone know of any Brit biomed "of a certain age" who did not have a go at KHMC?

Meanwhile, here is another name to be reckoned with:- Brendan Cairney!

But, what I really want to know is this:- what became of Alan Martin? The last time I saw Alan myself would have been in the office at Southall, sometime in the late 1980's (I would need to stop to work out a more exact date).

For the record (as they say), the best hospital grub I have ever encountered was the daily fayre dished up at the KKNGH Jeddah - back in the "early days"! As I'm sure Terry Horton would be happy to confirm. smile

* Mind you, it wasn't exactly "the Ritz" at King Saud Hospital, Onaiza, either!

1 member likes this: Teflon
Sage
Sage
Geoff, I last saw Alan Martin and Richard ( Tricky Dicky ) Thompson at a Jim Davidson Concert at of all places The Concord Bar on the MAM Camp in Oman around 94 ish. I,m pretty sure Brendan was there too. I heard Brendan left Oman last year but he does,nt seem to have surfaced. Tony.

Page 12 of 39 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 38 39

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020