Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 39 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 38 39
Hi biomedbill

Gareth Murcutt here of the KHMC 86-89 vintage. I certainly remember the 'Hall of Shame' book that resided on the bar of the Marquess.
I know Jimmy Japp ended up working for Gambro in Australia and as for Nick Brown - Jimmy named him 'The Leicester Investor' - perfect!

Hero
Hero
Question, are there any biomeds still stranded at KHMC?

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Umi Offline OP
Sage
OP Offline
Sage
Hello GarethM,

Jimmy Japp was last in MODA working before 1997, I saw his name on the 5.4 Ltr GMC truck which I bought out there!

UMi-007

"WORK SMART NOT HARD !"
Umi Offline OP
Sage
OP Offline
Sage
Who has attended the largest number of parties in magic land?

UMi-007

"WORK SMART NOT HARD !"
Hero
Hero
At one time life was a party!

Super Hero
Super Hero

But these days it's just one continuous ache! frown

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hero
Hero
Not an ache, just too much work now!

Super Hero
Super Hero

I was talking about myself. frown

But work is good. Without my work, I think I would have lost the will to live years ago. The secret (as we all must know) is to enjoy what you do (or should that be, do what you enjoy).

Meanwhile (and as I forecast some years ago ... and I take no pleasure in that), the "status quo" all around is crumbling away (if not tumbling down). It was all built on Hot Air and Candy Floss, anyway (not to mention, of course, lies).

What's the point in busting a gut these days? Anything you build up will most likely only get plundered by thieves, whether those in office, or out there on the street.

Hero
Hero
I really enjoy what I am doing now, plenty of variety, don't have plans for tomorrow as they always go astray, doing the standards, the hospital is constantly expanding. There is a new outpatients/speciality clinic being built soon to be followed by a cardiac centre and a new dental clinic and this is besides the constant refurbishing of the current clinics and wards. Life's a breeze.

Super Hero
Super Hero

Originally Posted By: Neil Porter
... I was wondering about the workforce in all this. As you know from out here the workforce are offered the choice to leave or transfer, would the same happen there.

(I hope you don't mind that I've switched threads ... but I reckon that one really belongs here)

I guess you're really thinking of the TCN under-class there, Mate. Fortunately for them, in the UK workers from overseas are not treated so badly. The UK may be bankrupt financially, but (unlike some other countries I could mention), it is not yet totally bankrupt morally speaking.

For instance, some people may not be aware that in most (all?) Middle Eastern countries, "guest" workers have their passports taken away when they arrive. I'm not saying this is good or bad (it never worried me personally), but I just mention it in the interests of balance.

During my time I also witnessed many instances of what would be referred to here in the Nanny Kingdom as "religious intolerance" and, indeed, racism. But there was no "compo culture" out in the Desert ... far from it, in fact.

However (as the recent news once again reminds us), here in the UK we have CEO's of failing public hospitals raking in in excess of £ 150 k per annum, and yet still refusing to go when "sacked"! It seems, then, that some people have no shame wherever they happen to be, and whichever culture they claim to be part of.

It truly is a "Mad World, My Masters"! frown

Page 24 of 39 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 38 39

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020