Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39
Philosopher
Philosopher
I think you missed out there Kawa, if you left the NHS and rejoined later you could have taken the opportunity (sorry money!!) and broadened your horizons. I'm glad that I did, as I mentioned before, I went to Jordan. I was offered a job in Riyadh but there was more "freedom" in Jordan so I went there. There was so much to see and do. I have a wry smile when I see travel programmes on Jordan and think that I got to "do" it for next to nothing.

Hero
Hero
Not only Jordan, but the Middle East is a great place to start your travel as Africa is next door, the Far East is not that far, China is just up the road, and Europe could also be seen as a stop-over when returning to the UK, and not forgetting the South East, India, Sri Lanka etc.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Oh yes! The sights and sounds (and smells) of Jordan. I have happy memories of Tony Johnson being clouted by a camel driver at the Dead Sea when Tony got his Brownie camera out!

I can also recall the stench (and, of course, the flies) from the Gents at the "Guest House" as well! smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hi All,

Are they still jobs going in the "Magic Kingdom" my greatest mistake was ever leaving.

Hobar

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Welcome to the forum, Matey.

Having spent a few years in 'hobar myself in the late 1980's and then again in the mid '90's ... all I can say is "join the club"!

In fact, the last time I was in that area would have been my final visit to the National Guard Hospital at Dammam almost exactly six years ago.

However (as I have said more than a few times recently), things are a bit different out there now. Even saying that, I wish I had simply kept my head down and carried on. But I guess there's no going back now. Still, it's nice to reminisce, is it not? smile

Philosopher
Philosopher
In answer to Biomedbill and Neil - I don't think I missed out at all. I went into the commercial side of the business with 50% more income initially and travelled the world. The only thing that I possibly missed out on was long service in the NHS with the possibility of early retirement and a decent pension. Having said that, I have managed to accrue a decent NHS pension (previous service counts as continuous for pension and holidays) along with a final salary pension from my company.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.
Philosopher
Philosopher
Horses for courses Kawa, do you know of any jobs going in Bahamas, Bermuda etc? Could be a nice retirement plan!

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Would you settle for ... Bermondsey?

They're looking for a number of "Diversity Managers" there, apparently (whatever those are).

Hero
Hero
They look after the traffic, apparently

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Philosopher
Philosopher
I'd rather have Barnsley than Bermondsy. It's all about the quality of life: affordability and clean air etc.
as for Diversity, the seem to be doing ok for themselves (Geoff, see Royal Variety Performance for a clue).

Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Geoff Hannis, mosfet1996, 1 invisible), 601 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020