Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I solve the problem really easy with the software, thanks for your help, especially to Mr. Paul Jones who had the patience for read my mails and help me with this work.

Thanks a lot!

I solve the problem really easy with the software, thanks for your help, especially to Mr. Paul Jones who had the patience for read my mails and help me with this work.

Thanks a lot!

Visionary
Visionary
Great to hear you've got it sorted!

Paul.

wal #49077 17/09/10 5:11 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero

Although I normally recoil at this sort of "me too" post ...

... perhaps enough time has passed since the last post for me to enquire if anyone can help out with the PC software required.

We have a few of these units with one of our Charity Group customers, all afflicted with the aforementioned "CO2 Error", unfortunately. frown

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
wal #49079 17/09/10 10:19 PM
Mentor
Mentor
Hi Geoff,
Not 100% sure if this will work with the older units but here it is:

http://www.welchallyn.com/promotions/services/serviceTool/WelchAllynServiceTool-1.0.1.1.zip

Cheers
Ed

Super Hero
Super Hero

Wow, wot a whoppa! whistle

Thanks for that, Ed ... we can but try.

Super Hero
Super Hero

OK ... had a go with that one.

It calls up the Welch Allyn Service Tool version 1.0.1.1.

I was able to get in just the once using the default User ID (whatever that was - see below) and <blank> for the password. But when I tried a second time, the User ID had er, disappeared. Bah! [but wait ... see below*]

If anyone else has a go (and be warned, it takes a while to download, and - possibly - a bit of fiddling about to install successfully), please make a note of that original User ID and let me know! smile

@Ed ... it looks like WAST 1.0 is for USB-equipped kit only. Make that Mini-B USB, in fact. And/or remote fault diagnosis and such gee whizz stuff as that. Which is all very well when (if) it works, as we know! As we also know, the old 52000 has a 9-pin D-shell (male) serial connector. And I should imagine that the software mentioned in the 52000 manual is a bit more straightforward (older) than the one mentioned above (the one you linked to). Someone on here will have it, inshallah.

* A little later:- good news! It's ADMIN (see the Manual)!

OK ... enough of this playing around ... a cup of tea, then back to work! smile

Last edited by Geoff Hannis; 18/09/10 10:28 AM. Reason: RTFM

Visionary
Visionary
Hi Geoff

The Welch Allyn Service Tool is for new devices, such as the Connex VSM.

As you said it supports some “gee whizz” stuff, such as remote support and trouble shooting. Delivery of software options, updates and upgrades.

Details are on our web site; http://www.welchallyn.com/promotions/services/serviceTool.htm

Jonathan Pope
Medical Systems Engineer
Welch Allyn UK
Super Hero
Super Hero

Thanks for that, Jonathan. smile

As you may imagine, I only get involved with the "older stuff" myself these days (thankfully, that is).

Super Hero
Super Hero

Having got hold of the Vital Signs Repair Software 3.00 from our good friend Jonathan (and then found the appropriate 9-pin "straight" serial cable), I'm happy to report success in clearing the CO2 error.

The monitor needs to be in "Detailed Test Mode" (Start+Cancel during power up) and then pressing the Review button brings CAL up in the Systolic window. The idea is then to follow the Calibrate | Manometer procedure from the software menu.

I am now wondering if we can get away with an abbreviated procedure for clearing the CO2 error (which I believe may be a "popular" condition in these aging monitors). That is, can we (or at least, I) just run the first step (auto-zero) to clear the error without having to step through the full calibration procedure?

Why am I suggesting this seemingly lazy approach? So the CO2 error may be cleared without the need for a syringe and pressure gauge (or whatever). Just as long, of course, as a laptop with a 9-pin serial D-shell connector and straight serial cable are at hand. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 457 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,064
Posts73,734
Members10,180
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020