Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

I wish I had an IDA-4 Plus (or, even a Minus)!

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Sage
Sage
Geoff
I award you an A+
You will never need an IDA, a burette, stopwatch and a set of scales is all you will ever need (unless those damned bolus's are involved).

Adept
Adept
Originally Posted By: Sean Fearon

The Hydrograph IDA4 + copyrighted software is available from your Fluke Biomedical service agent, it is not freeware, or freely available in the public domain.

The IDA4 + works fine without Hydrograph, I would dispute your assertion that "with out the software the efficacy of the unit is rather low"

Some things are free, and some things you have to pay for, (that's just the way it is).

I wasn't aware that the Hydrograph was not an freeware.. And anyways considering the fact that we are registered with fluke for both our IDA4+'s and other equipments, i was under the impression that a copy of the software would be availabele to me...

About my statement on the efficacy of unit, i am sorry that i formed the statement wrong... I meant the efficacy of the process is low.. since the reports that i get now is in the table format and not the graphical.. The data interpretation of the data becomes troublesome for understanding...
Also without the software the process of entering the data is a cumbersome process...

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Myself I continue to get good results from old IDA-1's (and 2's) together with the 143k DOS-based graphical program from 1992. That's version 2.0, I believe.

Meanwhile (and whilst I'm on), I'm always on the look out for old pump testers of all types (eg, Datrend Infutest, Metron QA-IDS etc.). smile

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero
Originally Posted By: Sean Fearon
You will never need an IDA, a burette, stopwatch and a set of scales is all you will ever need

I hear what you're saying there, Sean. However, I must admit that I find the IDA graphics software invaluable in being able to (literally) see what is going on, especially when comparing the performance of pumps of the same type, and when checking out pumps of the older Argus/Codan and Arcomed varieties (that is, watching to see if the doors hold the pressure, if you know what I mean). The IDA doesn't even need to be calibrated to the n-th degree - it's the shape of the "waveform" that is of interest there. Rising sawtooth versus ragged zig-zag that fails to reach occlusion pressure levels, etc., etc. smile

Adept
Adept
Originally Posted By: Geoff Hannis

. The IDA doesn't even need to be calibrated to the n-th degree - it's the shape of the "waveform" that is of interest there. Rising sawtooth versus ragged zig-zag that fails to reach occlusion pressure levels, etc., etc. smile

Ah yes... seen that... In fact once when we were doing acceptance testing to a customer, all the pumps in the batch were giving me a good saw-tooth waveform... with the peak being around 230mmHg...

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

It's always interesting to watch the IDA graph when testing the occlusion pressure (but, as you have indicated, very difficult to "see" this from a printout of figures, or simply observing the digits on the tester itself). Pumps with peristaltic mechanisms may work fine at normal pressures (and the users may never complain), but (as I say) sometimes they won't "hold the pressure" and/or never attain enough pressure to reach the occlusion alarm.

Myself, I generally tend to look at the occlusion pressure first. If it reaches alarm levels, then at least the pump is "man enough", as it were. If that's OK, then I take a look at the average flow rate and its inseparable friend, volume delivered. Following that, of course, is when the "fun" begins. That is, getting the flow rate accurate (which is usually easy enough with many - but not all - volumetric pumps) ... and then, the occlusion pressure (easy on some pumps, "not so easy" on others).

Hey ho. As I say, (many) happy hours of fun! smile

Dreamer
Dreamer
salut Hervé :-)
we are using the IDA4 tester , with the Hydrograph software , it's very usefull for long time tests at low flow , and with PdfCreator we store the reports on a server and just add a link to the Cmms database.
calbration every year by Manumesure , not so expensive , and changed once the power supply (stay on 24/7 for 6 years :-).
my only whise : to add two other channels so that PPM on syringes pumps can be performed like in Chaplin' "Modern Times" style !

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

An interesting post, Jean Michel.

I've not seen the Hydrograph software myself. Does anyone have any information about it? Or better yet, a link?

So you're saving .pdf's records to a server. Dare I ask "why"? That is, does anyone ever ask to see them (I'm assuming they are graphical)? Or is this some sort of CYA thing going on where you are? If so, how long do you plan to keep them? I am immediately reminded of the popular pastime of many biomeds years ago of filling up hard-drives (expensive back then) with EST results that no-one ever referred to (I wonder what became of all that useful data?).

I've not heard of Manumesure before. What's this ... a calibration house?

And lastly, I think I can go one better. I'm already working on a ten channel tester. My prototype involves ten IDA-1's and a corresponding number of monkeys! smile

Dreamer
Dreamer
well we are recording the test results to justify that the device as been seviced and complies with the manufacturer specs.
by the past , some incidents (mostely user related) with medical devices send biomeds in custody , so now , we record everything , purchase order for spares , delivery notes , test records , we even scan the papers taped on the syringe pump where the nurse wrote "not working"...
i like the idea of having monkeys in the workshop !we already have some in the offices , so they will have friends to talk to :-)

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
7 members (mosfet1996, Geoff Hannis, Yousri, Neil Porter, carl ray, Huw, daisizhou), 487 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020