Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Moira Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Afternoon, all.

Can anyone give me a lead for an oscillating ventilator suitable for use on a transport trolley? Our consultant is interested, and I'm getting nowhere with google.

Thanks,
Moira

Hero
Hero
Try hanging a normal one from a piece of string, it should oscillate nicely in an ambulance going at speed.

I have not seen it but I am told the new Draeger pead vent oscilates as well, it might be possible to use that on transport. The Sensormedics is probably a tad too large for your needs.
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Moira Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Ho ho!

Yes, we have a Sensormedix, if we put that onto the trolley there'd be no room for the child!

I'll see what Draeger have to offer. Thanks, Robert.

Cheers,
Moira

Mentor
Mentor
Hi Moira

We have the new Acutronic ventilator now which oscillate's. It also does nasal CPAP, using the same system as Care Fusion.

It is licensed for transport use

http://www.acutronic-medical.ch/fabianhfo.php

Mark

Moira Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks Mark, that looks like it might fill the bill! I'll be in touch for a demo.

I'm starting to think that Inspiration are a bit like the hardware shop down the road from our house. It doesn't look very big, but whatever obscure item you ask them for, they seem to be able to produce it!

Cheers, Moira smile

Moira Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Just out of interest; don't you people in wide-open-space places like Oz and Canada and the US need to do HFOV retrievals sometimes? Do you have huge helicopters equipped with 4 bar gases and mains-type power, so you just plug in standard equipment? Or kit that's not sold in the UK? I'm intrigued!

Moira

Mentor
Mentor
Hi Moira

Thanks for the comparison above, it's nice to know we are doing something right.

I too would be interested to find out about this but I think it will be unlikely. I guess most just stabilise the patient and move them as quick as they can using conventional ventilation products.
I know of a hospital in London which was seriously considering using a Sensormedics for retrieval!!!
I don't think they ever went ahead with it but it did get quite far along the process, working out designs of trolley for the cylinders, gas consumption, UPS etc.

Mark

Super Hero
Super Hero

Originally Posted By: Moira
... don't you people in wide-open-space places like Oz and Canada and the US need to do HFOV retrievals sometimes? ...

How about India? smile

It looks like Resuscitaire has taken on common usage, then. You know, like Hoover.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Technologist
Technologist
Originally Posted By: Mark Radbourne
Hi Moira

Thanks for the comparison above, it's nice to know we are doing something right.

I too would be interested to find out about this but I think it will be unlikely. I guess most just stabilise the patient and move them as quick as they can using conventional ventilation products.
I know of a hospital in London which was seriously considering using a Sensormedics for retrieval!!!
I don't think they ever went ahead with it but it did get quite far along the process, working out designs of trolley for the cylinders, gas consumption, UPS etc.

Mark

Using a sensormedics for retreival would be a ridiculous idea, we have one and it runs at 20 lpm, I think you'd have to follow behind with a further ambulance to carry spare cylinders.

Mentor
Mentor
Originally Posted By: NeoBiomed

Using a sensormedics for retreival would be a ridiculous idea, we have one and it runs at 20 lpm, I think you'd have to follow behind with a further ambulance to carry spare cylinders.

That is one of the reasons it never got too far but the gas used for cooling the driver can be turned down to the bottom of the specification. We did a test and it didn't get too hot but we were unsure of any long term damage to the driver.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Darby, daisizhou, 1 invisible), 334 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,704
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020