Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Hero
Hero
Geoff, SR12,000 doesn't cut it mate, wouldn't get out of bed for that amount.Grandiose delusions "no way Jose!!" just having a laugh.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Philosopher
Philosopher
Hi Neil,

Quote:
And therein lies the truth, Bill who is to blame, yourself or the companies that you worked for?

Infortunately it was the company I worked for, they started out as IAL, then descended into oblivion. out of some sort of loyalty (AKA Pennies) I stuck with them 'till the bitter end. I guess there were more secure employers out there, perhaps I can blame myself for not jumping ship. Out of interest, which companies have lasted out in the Magic Kingdom since the eighties?

Super Hero
Super Hero

Oh yes! IAL Medical Services ... Alan Martin et al. Remember the offices at Southall? And then my friend Emad El-Dukair (DIAL). Remember the offices in Riyadh? For reasons that I can't really go into here (but you may guess at "internal politics") I was persona non grata there. Remember the "High-Tech Team"? There's a laugh for you! frown

And how about Mo Powell and "Global"?

Another that comes to mind include MTAS of MAMISS ("Helmsman") fame. Another saga (just ask Tony Dowman).

No "Current Vacancies" I'm afraid, as none have lasted the course as far as I am aware, Bill. Time, and opportunity, marches on! smile

But meanwhile, how about a Roll of Honour for those who have worked for IAL at any time:-

Ian Dickson
George Titterington
Tony Patel
Tony Dowman
(myself)
Warren Hills (sadly departed)
Irvin Clarke (also departed)
Tony Johnson
Peter Shephard
Terry Horton

... to name but a few!

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
1 member likes this: Teflon
Savant
Savant
At least IAL knew that the staff they had were there main commodity and hence treated them well. One of the better comanies I worked for.

On the other hand, many of the Arabian based health related companies during the 80ís were just in it for a quick buck where no thought was given to the welfare of the workforce.

Super Hero
Super Hero

Another one on the list, then, Angus! smile (nice new avatar, by the way)

I wish we were all back in those Happy Days now, don't you?

Many used to knock Alan Martin (he was known to some as the "Golden Boy"*), but I always rated (and respected) the bloke myself.

It was (and is) easy to criticise, but as I am still fond of saying:- "if you think you are so clever, why not have a go yourself"?

In similar vein, anyone else remember IHG?

And lastly, how about an "honourable mention" for the Saudi hospital O&M companies? Zamil O&M (ZOMCO) being one that I once knew well. Another was SATCO. But there was also GAMA, I-ManCo, SOMC ... and many others!

* Alan had blond hair back then.

Hero
Hero
Just signed a new contract (11th year) but working for MSD no subcontractors here. Have worked for or through IAL, IHG, Global, Nesma, Greyhound Technologies, Witikar to name but a few. Most of the companies that had good intentions were out-bidded by the cowboys, Sinsila & Rajab springs to mind.

Savant
Savant
Rajab & Silsilah. Yeh I had a stint with them at King Khalid University Hospital. They knew sod all about hospitals, in fact there main role were the soul traffic light manufacturer in the Kingdom. What a bloody shower.

Hero
Hero
Any one care to name other cowboy firms, KAKI ??

Super Hero
Super Hero

There will always be cheats, liars and [censored] about, Neil. And there will always be evil, corrupt, lazy, disloyal and inefficient [censored] as well. Not just in Saudi Arabia, but all across the world. Medical equipment suppliers and service providers are by no means immune. And neither are hospital staff, come to that!

Perhaps the latest round of WikiLeaks might just get the Great Unwashed to begin to gain a clue about what has been going on (more or less "forever"). Let's hope it will help to bring about the Real Revolution for which so many hunger (not to mention deserve).

But don't forget there is some Good about as well. It's the eternal struggle, is it not?

Better take another look at Desiderata, Neil. And simply endeavour to live up to its noble ideals yourself ... whilst others continue to do as they may. As Max might have said in an earlier draft, for all I know:- sod them! smile

PS: the unusual circumstances of trading in the Kingdom was surely one of the reasons that Government healthcare providers there always employed engineering consultants when implementing hospital projects. You know, accountability, checks and balances.

Hero
Hero
Back to the main thread, do you have all the candidates yet, shortlisted for the first interview. PS I am not applying, money not enough, weather too cold, just signed a new contract.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Huw, John Sandham), 149 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MBanks, Blazingapostle, Volkswagen, Chris_P, Rhomwa
9,892 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,815
Posts72,641
Members9,892
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020