Super Hero
Super Hero

Originally Posted By: dee panchal
Does any one ever ask for a service history for the unit on loan from the rep

Only me, according to the last rep I challenged on that point! frown

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Mentor
Mentor
We hear this a lot from reps too, but we ask for service history every time, and especially so on high risk equipment that is not brand new.

We have even been told by reps "Oh, they never asked up at the other hospital in your Trust", which we also know to be nonsense.

Hero
Hero
When anybody tells me something like that, I always reply "I don't care what they do I only care for my kit"

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Expert
Expert
We've had to postpone an equipment trial, on account of not being able to get the insurance approved by our legal dept in time frown

It's very frustrating.

Novice
Novice
We loan out pathology/blood science and sterile service equipment - generally centrifuges to Path/Blood science labs and rotary heat sealers to SSD's.

All loan equipment is serviced and calibrated at least annually, if not more, and safety checked when it is returned by a customer. Decontamination certificates are retained if required and all history/calibrations are logged on our database. As such, it's available at the click of a button (or 3 clicks and some typing to be specific).

It surprises me that a system whereby retrieving this information is made difficult or impossible, still exists today.

We have our own liability insurance which would cover any trial or loan equipment, copies of which are readily available. Presumably that would be all you would need, or is the legal department still involved in order to approve use of the legal owner's insurance?

Anthony Ralph
Centrifuge service and help from www.henderson-biomedical.co.uk
KM Offline
Philosopher
Philosopher
Anthony,
The right way in the NHS is that if you dont have an MIA you have to provide a deed which is a standard set document available on the DoH Mia website. With this you have to provide a copy of the insurance and it needs signing by your Directors and ours. Its a lot of work.Especially if you have to do it numerous times a week.
MIA cuts out the deed for each trust etc. You just sign a NHS Delivery note and we check your MIA status. We (Med Eng) then sign the delivery note with the rep (no directors involved), no need to see your insurance, hence a lot quicker to set up.

Master
Master
I fully endorse Karl's comments here.

Prior to retirement, I was nominated to act on behalf of the Chief Exec on all matters of indemnity. (I did thank him profusely)!Suppliers that are are not registered on the MIA list
(separate one for Scotland) are a pain in the a**e.

As Karl has stated, us mortals do not want to get involved with checking insurance, this should be done centrally and that is what the MIA list is for.

Suppliers just apply, submit their insurance details, (pay the fee in Scotland) and they are registered for 5 years - dead simple!

Hero
Hero
Master Indemnity is alive and well.
The DoH have outsourced its management to BiP Solutions
I love the way we save money by getting rid of QUANGOs and use private bodies instead.

All necessary forms and lists of MIAs are on this site.

Robert

PS On the site it says
Quote:
Please scan and return completed, signed forms to: mia@bipsolutions.com

Does this mean ALL forms including every NHS Delivery Note Concerned with loaned equipment) goes back to them?

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Master
OP Offline
Master
:)Thank you for the updated information.

I have passed the details onto Procurement and asked them what they want. think

Barry

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 79 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Liyana, Lee V Shanley, LeoG, olrotar, Philip McLaren
9,871 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,782