Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Philosopher
OP Offline
Philosopher
Hi, apologies if this has been done before, couldn't find anything using the search button.
Has anyone had problems with Dinamap batteries? Most of ours don't seem to last very long. We were told that the Dinamaps have a rapid charge and we must use batteries with high temperature cells. Unfortunately we cannot get hold of a circuit diagram to check this claim.

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

... and I very much doubt that you will ever get it (the diagram) either. Not unless you make your own, that is.

Meanwhile, I reckon you're spending too much time with the nurses, Bill. Their "terminology" is starting to rub off (and catch on), it seems ... Dinamap? How about a model or model number? smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Novice
Novice
Are you talking Dinamap pro 1000 or Dinamap pro 100-400 series? Usually Dinamaps pro 1000 dont last very long.

Master
Master
Welcome to the biggest grip we have with GE. The batteries can last anything from 6 months to 4 years all depends if the ward use them till they are cmpletely flat. They then sulphate up and require a greater current than the power supply can output. Remove them and give them a blast on the bench power supply. If lucky you may get a few more months out of it.
This problem is even worse on the procare/carescape as the BP uses only battery power and when the battery swells its a sod to get out.

As for the pro 1000, they need changed every year here.

Philosopher
OP Offline
Philosopher
Sorry Geoff, when I said Dinamap I actually meant "Dinamap" not Dynomap or Dino-Map or even Diner-map, yes we've had tham all boggle. To be precise our main culprit is the Pro series, as in the subject title. We have seen Procare batteries swelling up too. Perhaps we need to get together put all our dud batteries in a van (probably need a lorry eek) and dump them outside GE's HQ. On a more serious note it would be great if we could petition these companies as a group.

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Why doesn't the Department of Health do stuff like that, I wonder? think

Anyhow Bill, if folk started to "flex muscles" in such a way, would the companies concerned continue to sponsor this forum? whistle

Meanwhile, what about DynaRod?

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

To assist you in your never-ending quest for perfection, Bill (a journey upon which I am, of course, a fellow traveller), you may like to consider the Soundex( ) function found in xBASE languages, MySQL, and possibly others as well (for all I know).

In xBASE (dBASE, Foxpro et al) a string comparison using Soundex( ) takes the form:-

Code:

? SOUNDEX("Dinamap") = SOUNDEX("DynaMap")

Here are some results:-

Code:

? SOUNDEX("Dinamap") = SOUNDEX("Dynomap")   gives TRUE
? SOUNDEX("Dinamap") = SOUNDEX("Dino-Map")  gives TRUE
? SOUNDEX("Dinamap") = SOUNDEX("Diner-map") gives TRUE
? SOUNDEX("Dinamap") = SOUNDEX("DynaRod")   gives FALSE

Here is the blurb:- SOUNDEX( ) returns a four-character string. By comparing the results SOUNDEX( ) returns for two character expressions, you can determine if the two expressions are phonetically similar, indicating that they sound alike. This can be useful when searching for duplicate records in a database table. SOUNDEX( ) isn't case sensitive and generally disregards vowels.

So, there you are! smile

If this is the sort of thing that "floats your boat" (as they say), you may also want to look up the DIFFERENCE( ) function as well. DIFFERENCE( ) returns a digit in the range 0 to 4 depending upon the "closeness" (in phonetic terms) of the two strings being compared.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
5 members (daisizhou, Stargolf, Geoff Hannis, mosfet1996, 1 invisible), 509 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020