Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#59662 02/01/12 1:42 PM
Philosopher
OP Offline
Philosopher
It struck me yesterday when thinking about efficiency within the Health Service and maximising time, how long would it take to post 10,000 times?
If it takes 5 minutes to read the preceding posts and 5 minutes to type a post, then on average that's 50 posts a working day (if doing nothing else). This would mean that 10,000 posts would take 40 weeks in total - a year essentially when you take in to account holidays etc.
But I'm sure that Geoff does all of his postings in his spare time though. Either that or over 12% of his work time since joining the EBME forum has been spent posting, but I'm sure that's not true.

Last edited by Kawasaki; 02/01/12 1:43 PM.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.
Super Hero
Super Hero

How long does it take to read what's been going on ... then make a post in response if need be?

Thirty seconds ... a minute at most.

How long to construct a lengthy missive? ... maybe half an hour.

So, 10,000 by one minute. What's that, 167 hours? Four or five weeks work? Let's call it six weeks, and be done with it. Or even ten, if you like. OK ... where do I send the bill? whistle

Geoff doesn't have "spare" time as such. All his time is his own, and a hour here or there is much the same as any other. I could (should) add that Geoff's "working day" is pretty much 24x7 as well (just ask those corresponded with whilst most folk who get on here are at kip). But there again, he isn't being funded out of the Public Purse, either.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blazingapostle), 72 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Blazingapostle, Volkswagen, Chris_P, Rhomwa, Aziizi
9,891 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,814
Posts72,637
Members9,890
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020