Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#59771 16/01/12 9:56 AM
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Hi All,
Can anyone offer and feedback on these incubators, do any of you have any and if so what is the support from the manufacturer and reliability of the device like?
Many thanks

Master
Master
+1 on the Atom feedback please, especially PPM cost / hours if available.
Sorry if i appear to hijack the thread a little NeoBiomed but it has took me ages just to get logged in and onto this thread (is there a problem with the website?), therefore could i ask for any feedback as above for other Incubators?
Draeger Caleo
Isolette 8000
GE Omnibed
Many Thanks
Topper
NNU Technician

Atom incubators are very reliable. We have 13 units. Hardly break down apart from impeller problem. As far as service is concern, we use inspiration healthcare to maintenance our Atom incubator and they are excellent.

Regards

Mohsin

Clinical Engineer
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Hi Topper,

It's my understanding that the PM is simple in comparison to it's rivals, we currently have Giraffe Incubators but will be trialling the Atom range in the near future. How are you getting on with your trial? We have trialled both the Isolette and Caleo in the past and weren't impressed with either.

Moshin which trust do you support?

Last edited by NeoBiomed; 23/01/12 9:22 AM.
Master
Master
Hi NB
Thank's for the info.
We are completing trials with the (new) Atom Dual Incu i. I understand this latest model has yet to be sold in the UK but there are bases with the previous model. I quite like it.
We have trialled the models previously listed but we didn't bother too much with the Isolette 8000 as this is a face lifted version of our C2000's but with an improved Humidifier system. I like the Isolettes but the scales can be problematic (could be due to age). We do also have a Giraffe but its rarely used.
PS. It would be very useful for me to collect fellow NNU techs contact details to build up a "network of NNU Techs" for advice and assistance for things like technical evaluations, practices and developments. If you think likewise, please e mail me your details and i can reply back with mine. (tonyharley@nhs.net)
Regards
Topper

Hi NB,

I am working in Luton & Dunstable Hospital

Topper,

Having a "NNU Tech Network" would be useful.

Regards

Mohsin

Clinical Engineer

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ciaran McGuinness, carl ray, chandrasenan5115), 382 guests, and 521 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nor, ReubenEngineer, Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal
10,182 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,067
Posts73,746
Members10,182
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020