Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Philosopher
Philosopher
Yes, much more useful.

So, why did you not say this in the first place instead of going of on another rant (in this case about the rise of eastern Asia in the global manufacturing field). This is not rocket science, if someone asks a question, try to answer it! cry

Dave

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Aye, aye Sir!

(but where's the fun in that?)

You haven't let your status as a "moderator" go to your head, then? think

Meanwhile ... what I say is the truth as I see it, pure and simple. If that upsets or "offends" anyone, then perhaps they need to ask the question of themselves:- "why am I offended by the truth"? As for myself, at my stage of the game:- "Frankly, my Dear, I don't give a damn"!

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Visionary
Visionary

As the former distributor for Mindray Monitoring within the UK (Technical Director of Artemis Medical), I feel I can speak with some certainty when I say that both the Mindray Products and company are excellent. Geoff as usual has only the most limited experience of Mindray - if any? With remarks such as "They are made in China. What else do you need to know?". This remark like others before from Geoff, borders on racist in my opinion.

I would like to support everything that Bailey has said about the company and its products. The advent of companies like Mindray and Edan have had the positive impact on pricing bringing prices by the more established companies down. This can only be a good thing for the NHS in the UK.

Regarding the build quality, Geoff it would appear has not taken apart any Mindray monitor that I am aware of. They are constructed in a solid and easy to service manner. Spare parts are very reasonably priced and supplied in a timely manner. They take quality very seriously and listen to concerns of their customers. I’ve now worked for the past 2 years within the NHS and so have no commercial motive to say the thing I do.

David Mulvey

PS. As for Geoff – “Empty vessels make the most noise”

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

A useful post there, David, and I thank you for that.

I won't add anything more to this thread, for fear of further deviation from the original post. But it's a pity that you felt the need to bring the word "racist" into it, in my opinion. frown

After all, there have been encouraging signs of late that that "card" no longer trumps all others in the UK any more, I'm pleased to say. smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Scholar
Scholar
I still don't think Charles question has been answered. We have heard from a current engineer (Hi Paul) and a former distributor (Hi Dave), it would be good to hear from someone who has bought the products and so knows what to expect from Mindray.

We have had some on trial and, althought the clinical staff chose other makes, the engineering staff liked them. But again it would be good to hear from engineers with experience over time.

We have had a really good relationship with Datascope's engineers - some of whom are still working for Mindray.

Mick

I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if I was looking back at her!
Mentor
OP Offline
Mentor
Thanks for that Geoff...

There is no work worth dying for.
Hi all from Malawi, I am interested in the thoughts on Mindray. We have a bit of their kit, like most of our lab equipment and 4 PM8000 monitors. The lab equipment has proven extremely good,which is partly down to the support by a local Chinaman who does a great job. Most of the machines paid for themselves in 9months and after that the CEO is VERY VERY HAPPY as it is a great income earner. They use open system reagents so we are not tied to anyone for consumables. Great in this part of the world where supply is quite a issue. As far as the monitors go, they have done very well. Even the oldest one that has taken several swan dives off the top of the anaesthesia machine, the latest one being this week. Up to now the front bezel has been broken, and this weeks effort shoved the printer door way in, shoved the CF card in and broken the eject button off. A direct hit I think! And it still works a treat. Some of the original cables have needed to be replaced early, but the longer I am here the worse other brands seem to do by comparison. Recently, without technical advice, adcom bought a bunch of Chinese (Carewell) equipment. Hmm, if you consider Mindray to be rather Chinese, then Carewell will be a real eye opener! Nasty stuff, useless manuals, rubbish tech support, yes we bought 5 units, 3 needs spare parts from new. But cheap, and yes they eventually worked. The opinion being that until the local staff can look after kit, so if they can break Sp02 then it might as well be a cheapy, than an expensive one. From a technical stand point it is certainly not in the league of medical electronics that we all have become used to, it is more like working on a getto blaster. Best left alone!! Mindray on the other hand I find nice to open and work on. Mindray is listed on the NY stock exchange so cant be too bad. Yes, I would like the hospital to buy more Mindray than the other stuff that has recently arrived. They have a great range of cables to suit many different sensors. I was really chuffed that they did an IBP lead to suit the Edwards life sciences sensors that we have boxes of so our new ICU looks really trick. That is my two bobs worth anyway. Cheers

Mentor
OP Offline
Mentor
That's the Idea!...Not all Made in China is lousy...

Mentor
OP Offline
Mentor

Meanwhile ... does this now mean that Philips will be charging Goldway prices? think

No...they charge Philips Price for Goldway Products

Adept
Adept
Hi Charles

we have been a datascope user for many years and have been using the Mindray monitors for approximately 2 years, they have been very reliable and to my knowledge we haven't have one fail yet. The area's they are being used look after their equipment so they don't get knocked about like some monitors on the wards.

i know they are made in China but like most electronic equipment if they are'nt made in China most of the components are!!!

regards

richard

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Huw, Geoff Hannis), 88 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mertn, VN_ebme, Fayid Ahmed, Farhad Nourbakhs, keremyyildiz
9,837 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,742
Posts72,417
Members9,837
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020