Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
med1c Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, I have a zoll M series (12 lead, mono, pacing, sao2) that displays 'clock fault 12', looking through fault codes it indicates that I need to get the system board changed.

on a bit of a tight budget (charity equipment) so looking through certified OM refurbished parts and complete boards coming up at circa 2000 dollars (have a local EBME who will fit at cost as long as i do all the legwork and supply correct parts).

2 questions:

1) is it the whole system board that will need replacing? (if so, can anyone provide correct part no as there seem to be a few sub assesmblies involved)

2) does anyone know anyone in UK who is able to refurbish the board and how much am i looking at?

cheers

Super Hero
Super Hero

Is there any sign of a small back-up battery on the main board? think

If so, I would look there first.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
med1c Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi

looking at the fault code, it would seem that this is the internal battery for the clock. seems a lot of money to pay for someone to 'recondition' a whole assembly for what may be a small battery that needs replacement.
will take a peek, cheers

CHJ Offline
Scholar
Scholar
Hi Medic,

We had a Zoll M series sent in from a client that had similar issues with Zoll - they sent it to Zoll first and they said that repair was going to cost around £1k.

They sent it to us and we checked it over and managed the repair for a fraction of the cost.

I'd be happy to get one of our enginers to take a look at it for if you want?

Regards,

Chris Horwood-Jones
Super Hero
Super Hero

What was wrong with it (what was the actual fault)? think

CHJ Offline
Scholar
Scholar
Hi Geoff,

I've got a feeling that the fault was something similar to what Medic has described, but as I'm not an engineer I'm not certain what the fault actually was.

I just know that Zoll quoted alot for the repair to be done and we managed the repair at about 20% of the cost because Zoll were quoting for a lot of things that didn't need doing.

I'm sure it was something to do with an internal battery (and not the main battery either before you make a note at my lack of technical knowledge smile ).

Regards,

Chris Horwood-Jones
Super Hero
Super Hero

Manufacturers, manufacturers' service agents, and accredited (professional) servicing organisations have little choice but to quote for repairs to the highest standard. They don't really have an option to be (what we might call) "imaginative" when it comes to repairing equipment ...

... but I notice that our friend has mentioned the magic word:- "charity". To my mind, this is where different rules may apply ... on the grounds that repaired equipment, even by using "good used" parts and "traditional" repair techniques, is better than no equipment at all (just as long as it's safe, gives results within acceptable norms etc., etc.). Sometimes equipment that would normally be considered uneconomical to repair can actually be repaired for nothing, or next to nothing. smile

Hero
Hero
My question is:
Where in the world is Med1c? (He does ask about people in the UK but is he? or is it just the charity which is based here?)

And suplemenatary to this is: What resources does (s)he have available to effect the repair?

Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Super Hero
Super Hero

I have also wondered, Robert. To be honest I have come across similar "handles" on eBay. But I thought we had better let the guy tell us when he is good and ready.

However, we could also take the view (could we not?):- does it matter where someone is, or where a charity is based? Surely what actually matters is the opportunity to do a bit of good, in this otherwise lousy, greedy, screwed-up world? My only caution (having been "caught out" before) is whether we are actually talking about a genuine "helping our brothers and sisters" situation ... or are we simply helping someone line their pockets? think

And the supplementary answer is:- once a case is proven to be genuine (and we wait with baited breath), resources can be made available (but why do you ask ... are you volunteering your own services?). smile

Hero
Hero
Totally agree about helping people but the answers might be different where in the world people are. Saying to someone:"Pop down Maplin and pick up part number......" does not work in the middle of the bush.
Robert

As an aside (and possibly this should be a different thread), I am looking to do some work in Gambia for a charity, anyone any experience of the place, conditions there etc etc etc.

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz, trat, Mitul Patel
10,178 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,061
Posts73,725
Members10,178
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020