Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Zoll M series, clock fault 12
RoJo #60203 29/02/12 9:19 AM
Super Hero
Super Hero

I can't imagine myself ever saying anything like that, Robert ... but never mind. I was in "the Bush" a long time myself, remember, so know all about "improvisation". whistle

On the second point:- well done! I have given up any thoughts about that sort of thing myself now. The only "offers" to travel I ever received these last eight years have been of the "pay your own way" variety (meaning thousands each time). The World could be my (your) Oyster if only I had plenty of dough to splash about.

However (back to reality), like many other things, I have let my passport "wither on the vine" so the only (limited) help I can offer these days needs to be of the "remote" kind (like here on the forum, for example) and supporting activities here in the UK (which is something that I'm always happy to consider). But (whilst we're on the topic of "charity") I may as well mention that my favourite equipment donating charity has finally closed the shed doors. All very sad really. frown

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
med1c #60216 29/02/12 6:46 PM
med1c Offline OP
OP Offline
My question is:
Where in the world is Med1c? (He does ask about people in the UK but is he? or is it just the charity which is based here?)

Hi all, sorry about the late reply. I am a para working for the NHS (in the UK) who also vounteers to respond from home as part of a local charity scheme.
As you will all know, money is tight for everyone (including charitys) So I have kitted myself up at my own cost.

And suplemenatary to this is: What resources does (s)he have available to effect the repair?

Absolutely none, all electromed equipment is passed on to an authorised EBME department for service/inspection at regular intervals and we operate within a rigid governence scheme in that no equipment can be used that is not 1) checked and calibrated by an authorised source, 2) registered with the medical director of the charity.
as posted, equipment will be passed on to an authorised EBME facility who is happy to fix if I supply the authorised OEM part(s)

the problem: unit will not swich on via battery (yes, I have checked the battery) but will turn on when attached to 12V via charging socket and display CLOCK FAULT 12

cheers for the replys so far, please be assured that I do not wish anyones bank details so we can share in the $10,000,000 that I happened to find in my bank and need to move out of the country grin

med1c #60232 02/03/12 4:31 PM
med1c Offline OP
OP Offline
Very interesting day, popped the unit to my local EBME department with thoughts of swiftly re labeling the unit 'scrap', he gave a knowing look and 2 mins later had popped the screen off, opened up the main unit and replaced the coin battery.
as if by magic, the unit now works fine with no fault codes, the cost? 2.44 for the battery and a tenner for the labour and brew.

now thats service :-) better than the several hundred I was looking at paying out for a new board. will rebook for full EBME check up and then the unit is ready to go

cheers everyone for your help on this matter

med1c #60235 02/03/12 5:32 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero

What about the biscuits? think

(nice to hear that I was right with that one)

Whilst I'm on ... I'm also interested in the charity you mentioned. I'm wondering how come it's needed ... what with all the NHS paramedics I see noisily charging around the streets every day (evenings, usually).

St.John's ... or something like that?

med1c #60261 05/03/12 11:55 AM
med1c Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Geoff,

The Charity is a local BASICS scheme where Dr's and Paramedics (with increased skills and equipment) respond in their own time to requests for extended skills at the scene of road accidents/trauma/medical etc, usually at the requests of the ambulance crew on scene.
It will always be needed because no organisation will pay to have staff with extended skills 'hanging around' just in case of an accident, I like the fact it is voluntary, tends to attract the right sort of person

med1c #60263 05/03/12 1:15 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero

Originally Posted By: med1c
I like the fact it is voluntary, tends to attract the right sort of person

Amen to that, brother. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mohamad, RUH Bath, Luciano ACI, hectorja, by3xxx
9744 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,641
Posts71,926
Members9,744
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020