Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dear All,

I am now face the same problem as Roxanne but after reading all the post in the forum still can not sure that how to reset the lamp (iButton) after replace the new lamp.

Can someone advice the way to reset the timer of lamp in case can not swapping the housing as only one X8000 ?

Many thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

(this is andy with his own login now - see greigym post earlier)

There is only one other solution i know of... which is better suited to somebody with 1 machine. There is a special device (only available in the US to one company i know of) that can reset the ibutton. You will need to speak to your lamp supplier, they should be able to take the old unit from you, send it away, have a new Perkin Elmer lamp fitted and have the button reset (so will work as good as new). It will be slightly more expensive than buying the lamp modules and using the 2 machines trick as mentioned earlier... but its still a darn sight cheaper than buying from the OEM. Turn around would be 2 weeks (ish) so you might want to get 2 done so you have a spare.

Super Hero
Super Hero

Welcome to the forum. smile

It's a pity you can't offer that service yourself, Andy.

Why can't someone "just" reset the iButton? think

Maybe we should offer a prize:- there you are guys ... the 2012 Biomed Challenge!

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
well i couldn't possibly say if my company can offer that. i think there are quite strict rules about that sort of thing.. but i would say any decent UK distributor for lamps should offer this service. So do call them and ask!

There was unfortunately a new firmware upgrade for stryker only a few months back which has caused a few problems with people that wre beginning to get around the problem.. very sneaky move by Stryker..

Super Hero
Super Hero

I've never been very appreciative of the gouging mind-set, myself. And having worked in the Middle East (for example), I've encountered plenty of it in my time. frown

To my mind, they have their chance to "make their money" when they sell the kit itself in the first place ... gouge away guys! At least then it's "up front", and the customer can always look elsewhere. But when it comes to maintenance ... well, surely enough is enough.

All that BS that we see in advertising is generally just that ... BS.

You know the sort of thing:- "Saving Lives Every Day", "The Company That Cares" ... and all the rest of that [censored].

Savant
Savant
Thats why Stryker have the L9000 LED Lightsource, no bulbs changes required.

The reason why the globes are so expensive are because the bulbs Stryker on sell to customers have been tested to a specific set of specifications.

I have seen where the same globe not supplied by Stryker has been used which causes E1 and E3 errors which leads to damage of the Ballast Assembly, this is becuase the ballast is a constant current device. The tolerances on the bulb are VERY tight, if the voltage become high enough and close enough to the upper voltage limit of 16.9VDC you get errors.

Which means most of the time the ballast assy and AC Inlet board will require replacement which is alot more expensive than a geniune bulb module.

Hi Nick, its a fair point, but you should remember that stryker don't have a lamp manufacturing arm. In fact most "hardware" manufacturers normally just boil down to 3-4 global lamp manufacturers (Osram, Philips, Ushio, Perkin Elmer). So when these guys need a lamp type to fit a spec on a new machine they will approach 1 of the big 4 to build for them. They then build said product and send to the OEM to put in their branded boxes (the very same lamp PE300B-13FM).

As a little side note, Osram are currently throwing around 20 million Euros a year in to R&D for just LED alone. For that sort of money, it would be next to impossible for an OEM to try to invest enough to develop their consumable on a par with a big lighting manufacturer.

So when Stryker sell this module as a "stryker module" it is manufactured in the same plant with the same components and same staff / QA control as the "perkin elmer" module. Much like the Keymed propoganda, they take the top 3% of quality, in reality it means very little. The QA is so stringent that the top 3% between a 1-100% deviation is so small you can not see any difference under extremely rigorous testing. This is exactly the reason Stryker asked them to build it for them in the first place. This is also why the warranty from Perkin Elmer and Stryker are exactly the same.

So we have to make sure we are talking apples for apples here. Of course, i cant say the same for any other manufacturer who dont originally manufacture them for Stryker. i.e Luxtel for example. It might be just as good but i cant be 100%.

The installation, software(firmware), ibuttons could all cause E1 or E3 errors but unfortunately not the Voltage tolerance on 2 lamps made in the same factory by the same company.

Super Hero
Super Hero

Good stuff, Andy. Let's have more like this! smile

It's nice to read some common sense (aka the truth) on here ... rather than the regurgitated propaganda that we often see so much of.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020