Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Originally Posted By: DaveC in Oz

... if you want an alternative view you are also welcome to send me (PM me) a copy of the asset list and I will have a look. An alternative view might be useful.

Yes. The more the merrier. smile

OK, I don't want to prolong the debate (?) ... but (as I suspected) yours is not really a like-for-like comparison there, Dave (if you don't mind me saying).

That's why, instead of vaguely talking about "number of techs", to do this stuff properly you (we, they) have to screw it all down to man-hours. That (as you must know, Dave) takes a fair bit of work (and my ancient spreadsheets from the Lotus 1-2-3 era haven't been dusted off for a while).

There are a lot of "ground-rules" (variables) at play as well. For instance, in your case, how many man-hours get factored in for the support provided by the company? And how many FTE's would the numbers crunch out at if the customer insisted on more frequent PM? think

We also don't know about the condition of the kit. Delfin mentions "working" equipment; so I guess that means that some of it isn't. "Reading between the lines"? Yes.

Delfin also mentioned that he works alone. So I think we're safe in assuming zero support, except when he calls upon outside companies (which, I suspect, he doesn't do lightly). Meanwhile, your 0.6 of a guy will be well trained, fully equipped, well supported (and all the rest), no doubt.

Anyway ... jesting? No, I know that you're not. But there again, neither am I. Those "examples" I mentioned earlier actually happened; with much success (both operationally and contractually) I might add.

But (in closing):- MES (visiting contractors, whatever) versus in-house (employees of the hospital). Two different approaches; equally valid, equally effective (you might say), but different mind-sets (and I've done both myself). Chalk and cheese. whistle

Philosopher
Philosopher
Quote:
but (as I suspected) yours is not really a like-for-like comparison there, Dave.

How so Geoff?

Quote:
For instance, in your case, how many man-hours get factored in for the support provided by the company?

As I said, smallish amount for "gas man" speciality and some from myself. Not that much really.

Last edited by DaveC in Oz; 23/06/13 1:36 PM.

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

I'm a bit busy right now (and have already spent too much time on this one), Dave.

It's not like-for-like for some of the reasons I've already mentioned. In short, it's not just about the kit ... but also what we might call the general circumstances.

All I can suggest is that you get your company to branch out beyond your shores, visit Delfin's hospital, and make a proposal to the management there.

How's that? think

Meanwhile, excuse me Mate, but I have work to do.

Hero
Hero
Dave, who does the management side (your company)and 1 guy doing 3 days a week, does that mean there are times when you have to wait 4 days to report a fault? Are there any patients at this hospital as it appears that all the equipment due for PPM is readily available, not a real world situation as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by Neil Porter; 23/06/13 2:10 PM.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Philosopher
Philosopher
Well being part of a group is going to effect things there greatly Dave. If you remember rightly Geoff it use to be Bristol and Weston health authority and it also only required 1 or maybe two people driving up from Bristol to look after it. Only when it was treated as a stand alone unit was that number too little. Also yes condition of equipment also plays an important part.

If you think four is frankly ludicrous you should see some other hospitals this size, my colleague went on a training course to another trust recently and hasn't stopped talking about how many people they had!

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Another way at looking at all this is to take a look at situations with large commitments (many items of kit, and more than a few techs) and zoom the numbers down to suit smaller situations.

Enjoy the perusal! smile

Novice
OP Offline
Novice
..private, charity, faith-base, I think it could be mostly alike with our hospital. Because our hospital is a non-stock non profit type of hospital (but not own by the Government)

Novice
OP Offline
Novice
thats why i'm here.
what ever suggestion and comments u made still be very useful to me.

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Hang-in there, Delfin. And don't forget to keep us updated. smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Huw, Geoff Hannis), 88 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mertn, VN_ebme, Fayid Ahmed, Farhad Nourbakhs, keremyyildiz
9,837 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,742
Posts72,417
Members9,837
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020