Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Scavenging canister brakes. Still required?
#66136 16/10/13 2:33 PM
Mentor
OP Offline
Mentor
Just replaced my old aluminium APC cans with nice new plastic MEC cans in the theatre induction rooms.

Looks good until you turn on the system, then its like my Corvette's air intake at full chat!! Can't hear a thing let alone the patient breathing!

As we also have Papworth manifold blocks to connect to the induction breathing circuit, and also the exhaust from the Nuffield 200 bag squeezers, ..could I lose the cans altogether and connect the scavenging port on the wall directly into the Papworth Block.

Can't see the low level -ve pressure from the scavenging having an effect on the breathing gear connected, but are we still required to have passive scavenging too these days?

Cheers..

Last edited by exitwound; 16/10/13 2:33 PM.

5.7L V8 Corvette.. Doing my bit to keep our summers warmer!
Philips
Re: Scavenging canister brakes. Still required?
exitwound #66138 16/10/13 4:45 PM
Hero
Hero
I had a problem with AGSS a while ago when we changed over and it was the probes that went in to the terminal units that were actually causing the problem. When we investigated further we found that different manufacturers have different requirements as to the flow from the terminal units so we got estates to turn down the flow to the recommended for that manufacturer and all was peace and harmony.
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
7 members (ChazMich, Neil Porter, Neoteny, Reinaldo Escorci, Cml, sonoatlas, Huw), 280 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Reinaldo Escorci, sonoatlas, Dewald, AzIzBio, WhiteLionel
9702 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,596
Posts71,756
Members9,702
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020