Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moira Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Over the last few months we seem to have more problems with getting 3100A oscillator vent circuits leak-tight on set up. I think the plastic seems a bit floppier, and the diaphragms less tight fitting too. We end up throwing circuits away and starting fresh sometimes - an expensive hobby.

I've emailed Aquilent (was UDM; was Carefusion: was Viasys...) but had no response of any kind - not even 'no-one but you has a problem'.

Anyone else noticing this?

Dreamer
Dreamer
I have seen a couple like this, but it seems to be the diaphragms that cause the issue. A quick look and adjustment of them solves the issues. But at the high cost of the circuit it is not acceptable, have you checked if they are in the same batches?

Moira Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
No, they're not; and it's not just diaphragms.

On the bright side, I've had a response now, they're coming in for a Chat.

Last edited by Moira; 13/01/14 4:41 PM.
Scholar
Scholar
CareFusion do have an issue with their cap diaphragms for the 3100s. There was an alert issued last April but the problem not only hasn't gone away but appears to be worsening.
We're waiting for an official response and explanation on the obvious QA problems with the manufacture/assembley of these components.

Moira Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Nine years on, and again we have problems with HFOV circuits. We used the first two circuits in a new batch, and found leaks developed around the hose sealing around the connection on the humidifier after a few hours of use. The second time, the hose from the vent to the humidifier flopped over and sealed itself off, effectively turning off the vent. These circuits seem to be made from very soft plastic indeed.

We have sent all info to Aquilant/Vyaire and the MHRA, and devised work-arounds to make the system safer. Anyone else having this trouble?

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 685 guests, and 509 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020