Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Topper Offline OP
Master
OP Offline
Master
Hi folks.
Is it just me or is googling an unproductive tool in the search for the latest medical devices on the market for the NHS? Most manufacturers / suppliers websites are tiresome to navigate.
With this in mind, what are Neonatal Units currently using ventilator wise?
We have SLE 5000 but would like to trial the latest vents from others as ours are now coming up to 10 years old. Vents must be top spec as per the SLE.
Google doesnt turn up anything (didnt spend too long trying)
Many thanks for any assistance.
Topper

Hero
Hero
Draeger, Bird, Hamilton, Maquet, in fact all the names you know for adult vents. Some are dual adult/neonate.
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Hero
Hero
Our Paeds department insist on the maquet servo i with NAVA technology installed.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Novice
Novice
i cannot recommend to you but at least the bigest market share here is divided between Drager & MAQET for the Neonatal Ventilators, pesonally i prefer drager since i can get a complete solution for the NICU from them which make other work easier.

Dreamer
Dreamer
As well as the usual suspects there is also Inspiration who are the UK suppliers for the Acutronic Fabian neonatal ventilators

Scholar
Scholar
See Christina ventilators from Stephan Gmbh. The company has products for neonates and infants

Super Hero
Super Hero

These days when everyone is continuously buying everyone else it can be a bit difficult to keep up ... but Newport (which could be part of Covidien) also comes to mind. Also Bear Cub (which could be Viasys - or CareFusion - these days).

Not sure if these can be called the "latest stuff", though. smile

On the other hand, why not stick with SLE (still SLE, as far as I know)? think

Gav Offline
Dreamer
Dreamer
Draeger VN500

Acutronic Fabian HFO

I was told by a rep from one of these companies that both of these use the same algorithm for Volume Guarantee.

Topper Offline OP
Master
OP Offline
Master
Many thanks for your posts.
I do have experience with Maquet Servoi but note no mention of HFO mode.
Gav, just trialling SLE's improved TTV+ software today so would be good to evaluate Drager / Fabiens Volume Guarantee aginst it.
Geoff, we are very happy with SLE (great service / support / product) but need to see / compare the competition. SLE have the 6000 out next year so will bear that in mind.
OK, it appears to me when researching Product availability, it is more productive to search the Manf. / suplier web sites we are familiar with and look at available products rather than googling "neonatal ventilators" or similar.
A point to take on board for companies maybe?
I and colleagues have often found searching the internet fairly unproductive for "whats out there". different kettle of fish if you just want an ipod case! Also that some websites are extremely difficult to navigate and locate the info you want.
Thanks again folks. I have a list to check out.
Topper

Super Hero
Super Hero

Regarding the "internet" ... unfortunately Medcompare is no longer around ... but you could do worse than keep tabs on the 99NICU forum.

Here is another "portal" ... and another (try entering "neonatal ventilator"). smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020