Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Timsta Offline OP
Savant
OP Offline
Savant

Hello Folks,

​I would really appreciate if anyone could help or direct me to someone who could answer my question.

We are planning to purchase a couple of Alaris/IVAC Medsystem III IV pumps for research purposes. I read on the user manual that the Medsystem III can be remotely controlled via PC.

However I am not sure which model 2860, 2863 or 2865 models have the capabilities allowing you to remotely communicate with the IV pump.

Does anyone know or know of someone who has been successfully able to remotely control the Medsystem III IV pump? if so I'd appreciate if you could please let me know which model and sw version would allow the capabilities to remotely control the IV pump via PC.

​Cheers

Tim

Hero
Hero
At risk of stating the obvious, what do Carefusion say about this?
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Timsta Offline OP
Savant
OP Offline
Savant
They had no updated information which model had the potential to be remotely controlled via PC. I may have to reach out someone in R&D that would be able to help me. I just need to know the model and sw version before I purchase the IV pump from a third party vendor.

Thanks
Tim

Novice
Novice
Timsta,

I have found the following information on an old document that might help.

"MEDSYSTEM III MULTI-CHANNEL INFUSION PUMP, MODEL 2866, Manufacturer's Part No. 2866AX01 EE. The unit is a small, lightweight, three channel, multi-function fluid delivery instrument. It is microprocessor controlled, and can be configured to use six different infusion device types. It incorporates three independent fluid delivery types in the space of one. Each of the three channels provides the equivalent of an independent infusion device able to pump fluid from syringes, bottles or bags located above or below the level of the instrument. Each channel operates via a disposable infusion cassette. Channels are individually controlled and programmed for infusion tasks. The equipment displays infusion status for rate, volume remaining, and volume infused. Secondary mode allows fluids and medications to be delivered at two different ratessequentially. Infusions are monitored to detect occlusions, air in line and low power. Advanced features include a drug dose calculator, drug library and various visual and audible alarms. A communication Protocol allows clinical monitoring, instrument
configuration and maintenance."

Sorry there is no infomation on the SW version.

I hope this helps.

Paddy

Timsta Offline OP
Savant
OP Offline
Savant
Paddy
Thank for the information. Is there any chance this pump can remotely be controlled via PC?
The only Medsystem III models that I have come across are 2860/2863/2865.

Thanks
Tim

Novice
Novice
Tim,

I'm not sure but as there is a communication protocol allowing clinical monitoring then I can't see why not. I haven't got any of these devices anymore so can't help you any further sorry.

Regards

Paddy

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (daisizhou, Huw, fuad, 1 invisible), 389 guests, and 524 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nor, ReubenEngineer, Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal
10,182 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,067
Posts73,746
Members10,181
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020