Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#70773 05/07/16 12:59 PM
Lee S Offline OP
Philosopher
OP Offline
Philosopher
Hello

We have a mixture currently of Nimbus 2/ 3 and Active 2 Pressure Relief Mattresses; the Nimbus units are old, becoming unreliable and the new cost is 7 times that of the Active.

The spare parts for the Nimbus units were already expensive, then Arjo took over and the prices have gone through the roof; you can buy a complete Active 2 for little more than the price of the top and bottom covers for the Nimbus now.

The Nimbus mattress has full depth air cells where the Active has a foam base under smaller cells.

So I would like to know
• What Pressure Relief Mattresses are you using?
• Do the staff like them
• Do your Tissue viability nurses like them
• Any issues

Thank you

Lee

Don't forget "we've never had it so good".
Hero
Hero
Lee
Have a look at the ones from Sidhil
Not in use but trialled and liked - and cheap to buy and maintain. They do the full range of full mattress with two layers of air cells, single cell ones that go over a foam base, a three cell one that is just like the Nimbus and even a bariatric one.
And their M.A.P. system looks interesting.
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

It's good to see that good old British company is still going strong, Robert (and that the equally famous name of Doherty is still being used, as well). smile

Very informative website, too.

Hero
Hero
They are a very good company to work with. Quite a while ago where I worked bought a lot of their beds and cots. At the end of the delivery a large box was presented to the EBME department. It contained a useful set of spares. We were told if anything fails and we wanted to get it back up and running rather than waiting for their engineer feel free to fit anything and call them and they would replace it. Plus the service engineer would know they would have the spares on site if they visited rather than having to have it delivered.
A simple thing but it made everyone's life easier.
And on top of that the beds were custom made to an unusual specification because of an old lift that was slightly too short for standard beds.
A family company that does things that the "big boys" cannot or will not do.
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

As we all know, "quality" is a word* that has been banded about a little too freely (and often) in recent years ... but stories like that one express what real Quality is all about.

Thanks for sharing that with us, Robert. smile

* Rather than a concept - which is what it should be.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Visionary
Visionary

Lee S Offline OP
Philosopher
OP Offline
Philosopher
Hello Charlie

The literature says "this unique system has the facility to ‘step up’ to that of a dynamic mattress"; funnily enough so does the Active 2.

Are you actually using these systems?

Lee

Don't forget "we've never had it so good".
Expert
Expert
Afternoon all.
Can i ask whether any of you already have the Sidhil Innov8 IQ beds?
We are having a problem with the frames, was just wondering if anyone else had issues with the same model?

30 years since the Chernobyl disaster and yet we still have no super heroes or zombies.
Master
Master
MAke sure that what you get has in built termperature management and climnate control in the mattress to reduce the breeding grounds for germs.

ERRATIC MEANS STATIC SO BE ERRATIC AND NOT STATIC
WE ARE ALL IN THE NHS AND THIS IS
"ERRATIC AND STATIC"
Hello there,

Has anyone experience of the Version 1 (First) Direct Heathcare Mercury Advance Pump and Mattress?

Cheers

Tim

Last edited by Purple Hayes; 06/03/19 4:24 PM. Reason: added more specific info
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
6 members (Malcolm, brompton, daisizhou, Neil Porter, Geoff Hannis, Rallium), 339 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,704
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020